1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever done this ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by THE BOSS 1975, Mar 21, 2006.

1. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

Well last week we sent out our thank you letters to all our customers and to let them know we will be picking up our driveway markers (Been doing this for 3 years )Well between last Wednesday and today 98% have signed contracts with fuel surcharge pending for next year and the referrals are crazy !I never received responses from these, this was the last attempt and WOW ! I was wondering if anyone else does this and what the outcome has been ?
  2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I have all but one of this years contracts signed for next season so far. I even got a few to sign for two years. I picked up new customers for next year, too. They seemed suprised to see next years contract, but they are happy to sign again. It helps me figure out how many more I need to get for next season. You really need to jump on these people sometimes. The one that isn't signed has to go through coporate, which takes almost all year, so the sooner I start, the better.
  3. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Do you guys do residential commercial or both?
  4. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

I do both commercial /residential

contract terms

commercial 3 year/w fuel surcharges add.
    residential is annually
  5. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I used to do commercial and residential, but since the storm we got this Feb, I stopped doing most of my residential. All of my residentials were calling me nonstop asking me when I was going to get to them, and that was within 12 hours of the storm's end. Most of them had someone else do it. I have to do my commercial first, especially when they are paying up in the thousands, and these residentials might be 150 at most. I gave up after telling some of them I wouldn't be there for 24 hours. They got all pissy with me, so I told them to find some one else. Needless to say, I only have 2 residentials for next year, instead of 10, and I am a happy man! They were always quick to pay, but why do they NEED to be out 24 hrs after the storm?