1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Ever Deal With Everest Snow National

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless440, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Trying to see who has done business with Everest Snow National. They want me to take a huge contract with no money up front. I don't know these people, and i don't sub. I have all my own great contracts. All i hear is the B.S about national companies.

Thanks for any feedback

Love the site

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'd be concerned if someone came to me at the end of December to fill a contract with the lack of snow everyone has had. It would be different if it was last year and they told me the other company couldn't keep up
  3. Flawless440

We have been going back and forth since November, They are switching management companies and Everest is comin in with new company.
  4. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

They have a chain of gas stations in here mn and they contacted me about doing some lots. Prices were way low. I got contract to read over and never ended up calling them back. It was just set up to have problems in the end. I know the owners of the gas stations and have been friends and worked for them for many years, wasnt going to be a good ending I felt with everest. As far as Dec 1st I know there where still some stations everest were still looking for a contractor. They called me back and offered to raise the price per time and if that was not enough to go to each site and take a look to see what I need to get paid for them, they needed it that day and they were putting off the meeting with the owners/managers of the gas stations until they heard back from me on pricing. They had no office in mn or wi. Everything would be done through e-mails and pictures if any problems arised. If we had a problem that the contractor needed to work it out with each store manager themselves. I let it go and never contacted them back.
  5. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

This business will never be healthy or prices get back to where they should be unless plower's stop low balling for the nationals.
  6. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

I assume you're getting the money you want or you wouldn't have got this far (contract wise). So the variable for me would be how much cash would you have to put out before you could test their commitment to paying on time or at all? Are you comfortable with that amount? Are there any other ramifications if you cut service off to them for non or underpayment?
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

How Huge are we talking???.....Ohio State University Huge or The Local Target Huge???
  8. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

My dealings with Everest have been very positive. There are many reasons why sites become available when they do.

SNODOGG Junior Member
    from midwest

Management Services

Anyone out there with contacts through management companies , if your going to take these low prices with small profit margins, at least give them what they pay for, substandard service. They are taking the snow and ice industry to a new low.
  10. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We've worked for them and do now without any issues. A group of properties we have with them with a 3" trigger for ALL and/or ANY services and, oh yeah it is seasonal and the numbers we get paid are what we provided them. So we set the prices and they had a weird scope and we have gotten 2 of the 5 payments already and guess what they PAY QUICK! Oh yeah, it hasn't snowed anywhere near the trigger for the work at the properties yet and they are still paying. The President is a stand up guy. They paid quick in the past when we worked for them too.

SNODOGG Junior Member
    from midwest

Not sure I understand what you have going on , you have a 3 inch trigger, it has not snowed much, you recieved two of the five payments. So its a seasonal contract price paid in 5 installments. This is correct?? If this is right, then because of the lack of snow,,,,you win,correct? Not sure who you are dealing with but at least you both share the risk. I dont know you yearly average of snow. I can tell you this, there is a company out there selling contracts that are unbelievable. I know better to say who it is on this site. They like to put caps on their property with low average snowfall totals, That means when you reach the cap,keep servicing the account, in this case you assume all the risk Anyone out there that knows about the NTE contracts, like to here from you...
  12. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

I only have one thing to say about these crazy contracts, If YOU sign it and YOU have read it, then YOU know what YOU have gotten YOURSELF into Lol:dizzy:

. IMHO, the only reason these crazy things exist is because someone is dumb enough to sign them and the work is getting done with them. I have a seasonal contract and this year I am making out like a bandit. I may lose my butt on the very same contract next year. Seasonal contracts are just like going to los Vegas. You may win a bunch of $$ or you may loose some. The idea is to still make a few $$ even IF you have a bad winter.

The house always wins, so sooner or later, if you low ball one, you are going to wish you had never seen that contract? If you sign something that has caps or the percentage of payment drops based on the total lack of snowfall, it had better work the other way and you should get more if it goes over. From what I know, it doesn't work that way though?:confused:

SNODOGG Junior Member
    from midwest

NTE contract

A couple of other details, we had 118 inches of snow last year, our 50 year average is 66 inches. Caps are base on between 40 and 45 inches , the trigger is 1 inch, lots have to be kept black and wet. Lot prices are between 42.00 and the highest it 60.00. This should not be a easy sell, but it is........
  14. Flawless440

Thanks for your feed back. So far so good, president dose seem like a good guy. The money is good, got him to go long with my flat rates.

Now just need the snow
  15. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Ironically, Ohio State University is out to bid!