1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever bought a truck off E-bay?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Dec 2, 2001.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Your right about it being a good truck for the price. Just to bad its a gasser :( .
  3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

However if kept local, it is one heck of a truck. That and the blade is a western.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2001
  4. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

That truck

If you are real serious about the truck, I would not mind, checking it out in person for you.... I could road test it and also check out the mechanical. Now I can not guarantee that if I say it is great that it will perfect... but I can at least give you a good idea.... make arrangements and email me if interested.

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

I have bought and sold items on E-Bay and have been very happy with all transactions. Call seller to state your out of there state and if they will gaurentee the truck is what it says to be and if your unhappy to help with a plane or bus ticket home!

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I have bought and sold many things without any negative experiences. I bought a truck (87 Ford) from upstate NY with a western plow. Met the guy at Niagra Falls and drove it home! I had a little trouble at customs, thought I might have to take the long way around, but we got it worked out!!

I would not hesitate to buy just about anything that way.
  7. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

8. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

i bought my used western plow off of e-bay. the price was considerably less than what was available locally and gave us an excuse to visit friends a long way away. we've also bought a lot of school clothes for our daughter. only had 1 bad experience, didnt get what we paid for, and wont do buissness with that person again. all in all a good way to do business.

happy e-baying
    Mark K
  9. alfman

alfman Junior Member

I have made some good buys on Ebay.
    A 2000 F350 4x4 PSD ,with an unused Fisher minute mount blade and salter with only 700 miles on it when I bought it,Took off and sold the utility bed and put on an AirFlow dump bed with flip down sides.I have made other great buys, forks for my bobcat my hydroseeder and numerous other items. Just check the users feedback and ask everything you want to know,don't assume anything when buying sight unseen.
  10. Bill c

Bill c PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ny

I bought a truck on ebay and had no problem with the seller.I just emailed and asked if it was possible to pay for the truck in person if I was the high bidder.It was a 85 4x4 for five hundread and is still running strong with twenty five thousand added since I got it.Just make sure to check feedback and email the seller with any questions you might have.