1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone else...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Embalmer, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

Anyone else find themselves franticly trying to raise funds to get a plow at this time of year?? I should have done something this summer, but procrastinated, and now due to the holidays, new kid, and other end of the year BS, find comming up with the 4k bit rough. Looks like its time to sell my mg34 or a few m1's.... :cry: *sigh* lol Just wondering if anyone else here has found them selves int his jam wether it now or the recent past.
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope I hunted one down this summer. But their is a few 7.6's on CL for sale in nice shape. Fisher mm1 and Diamond are around 1800. One is off a 2gen Dodge and the other is the Maine guy who has all the setup you need and installs for 300 I think. So 2k gets you all setup. So my advice is hunt down a nice used MM2 if you can afford it. Do not waste your money on a new one. But Check out South Main st auto sales in VT http://www.southmainsalesandservice.com/
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

do you have any contracts?
  4. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

wouldnt say contracts, just a few peoples driveway that I know, and a funeral home I worked for.
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

You're well behind the 8 ball man. I bought my last truck in June, and I have her ready to push by October (the latest) every season. I would look for a used setup in light of the time of year and lack of a large route.
  6. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

See my original plan was to have traded in my current truck for a new 2500 and that ready this past spring, but low and behold had a son born in late april, so since then any and all extra money went to his benifit (built an addition ect). So between that im stuck with my 1500 that ive been eyeballing fisher' 7.6 LD or a blizzard 760lt for just to do a few small jobs. Only thing ive lucked out with so far, is the weather here has been real mild with no sign of let up for a few weeks... I shall prevail one way or the other before the first real snow hits.
  7. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

as I said In another post, you might want to try bidding jobs to buy the plow. But it is kind of late in the year for that. Hate to see you bid something, then not get a plow. But if it were earlier in the year, that is how I would go about it, if i had a lack of funds. (Which is always true)