1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else with Cummins MAP sensor problems?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by croq, Jan 23, 2009.

1. croq

croq Junior Member

I have a 08 5500 and the MAP sensor went out in November. Dodge din't have the part. I was told it would be Jan before it arrived. I am now told it will be the middle of April. What is up with Dodge that you can't get parts? What problems could this create with with the engine?

08 5500 4X4 Crew cab
    Western V plow
    Stainless Dumpbed
    Stainless Spreader
    Everything runs off of HYD
  2. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I think dodge is having a real problem with the 6.7. They have a emission systems prolem. They made ultralow emission and they are getting cloged up!! They could be on back order or making a better one. I was told to run with gakbrake on all the time. Also don't idle truck for more then 10 min. They said that in spring they sould have a pcm/ecm update and should fix the prolems
  3. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Go to Cummins and get the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. Don't EVER go to a Dodge dealership to get a Cummins part.

A. It's cheaper, and...

B. It's guaranteed to be a genuine Cummins replacement part. (Guess where Dodge goes to get all of their Cummins stuff?)
  4. croq

croq Junior Member

The problem is that the truck only has 4000 miles and they won't warranty it if I do it.
  5. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

Call your local Cummins dealer to see if they have it then cause a stink at the dealer if they wont go get one for you.