1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else waiting on Meyer plow delays

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KCsnowman, Nov 17, 2014.

1. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

I have had an order for over 2 months on a new sv2 and keep getting jerked around. I have used other brands for a long time and finally let the Meyer rep convince me to try yellow. Wow, what an intro into the company of meyer. Every week I'm told something different and keep getting pushed back further because they tell my rep they are making the plows by hand, bs. Just wanted to see if anyone else is getting jerked around like me in the Midwest?

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Is this a legit dealer?They usually put their orders in months in advance and buy in volume for better pricing.Most places have huge piles of plows and sanders sitting on site.If he cant deliver a plow,hows he going to be for parts and service? I'd bolt for another choice.

3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

The dealership probably has negative credit with meyer.

4. Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant Junior Member
    from Montana

Got my new SV2, no problems in Montana

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I can't seem to get my SV2 to make it through one storm without breaking. This is my second winter with it and if it gives me as much trouble as it did last winter, it's going away and being replaced with a Boss before Toro has a chance to screw them up.

6. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

When was yours ordered and how long did it take? They said it's because the flared v2 is made by hand and they are behind!!

7. Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant Junior Member
    from Montana

When I finally decided which plow to put on the new truck It was October 27th. THey already had some ordered and It showed up and was installed on Oct 31st. Still waiting for snow, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see anything this year.

8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

What pump do you have and what troubles are you having.

9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not positive as to the pump model other than to say when I bought it, my dealer was saying that I have the "new more reliable model." I think it was E-60 or E-70, something like that. The problems that I had last year was that while plowing, one wing would stop holding out and would slowly bleed back towards the truck. The first time it happened, it was the left wing. When in scoop mode or with plow angled to windrow right, the left wing would slowly bleed back towards the truck. I would have to keep "bumping" the left wing out button to push it back forward. I took it in for service and after 4 hours of sitting in the waiting room, they finally swapped out my pump unit to get me back on the road. The next time it happened, it was the right wing, same issue except it was two weeks after the first time, and they had not sent in my pump to Meyer to get it replaced, so they didn't have one to swap out. They called the Meyer tech hotline and after about 2 hours on the phone with them, they finally starting swapping valves around until they got the problem to switch to the other side, therefore indicating the bad valve. Of course they didn't have a replacement, and so they had to overnight the parts and I had to go back out and plow with a broken plow, then return the following day so they could replace the valve.

This crap continued the remainder of the season, basically I couldn't make it through an entire storm without one of the wings starting to bleed back. Since this was now the second **** Meyer in 2 seasons, the first was a 9' Lot Pro w/adj wings (the left wing broke the support rib weld and they had to replace the entire moldboard) that I had bought, I quickly lost my patience with Meyer. I have told them that this is the last Meyer product I will ever own.

For the record, the first plow I ever owned was a Meyer CP-8 (8' poly straight blade) that I loved, used for 6 years with almost no trouble. So when I traded my F-250 for my current F-550, I stayed with Meyer even though the upfitter that built my truck was a BOSS dealer and tried hard to sell me on a BOSS, for less money than either of the new Meyers.

10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Wow sounds like the the blizzard 810 I had. I took it to the dealer 4 times for the same problem ( blowing fuse's) they could not get it right. well at 2am in a big storm I found it. A broken wire in the main harness.
    As for my new v2 they had them in stock I hope i have better luck with mine and as good as luck as boston dpw. The guy I talked too from the dpw said they held up better than the fishers.

11. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

We are a Meyer dealer in Michigan. and I can"t speak for the commercial plows right now, but we need some Home pros and Hot Shot spreaders, our distributor in Ohio is out, and Meyer told us 2 weeks minimum.