1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else use Walker Mowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by captdevo, Jan 17, 2003.

1. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

for the past 6 years i've been using my Walkers for snow removal (for my neighbors and myself).

i prefer the 36" single stage, it handles all types of snow.....even the real wet and slushy stuff.

the 42" 2-stage is good for handling alot of snow, but seem to clog alot with wet slushy snow.

btw......if you know anyone who has Walker stuff for sale, send them my way please....i could use some more 36" snow blowers...

here's a pic of a 36" on a 20hp Walker.....

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Yes we have and still use Walkers for walkways and more, Hint taking the bagger off and making a rear body is better for the rear baggers (the bagger does cost alot when its 10below out and you bump up agianst it and will break!) All of the companies up here take them off also for alot better visibility and also remeber to take your blower fan belt off! Takes alot of wear and tear off it and gives you a little more H/P and the biggest reason for if you do leave your bagger on and leave the blower belt on your asking for $$$$$ if a ice chunk flies up inside takes the osculator and tweek the bagger and also ice build up in turbine motor! We put 2 50lbs bags of ice melt on the home made shelf so we can also salt areas quickly if needed. On the 36" be carefull to let the lever down slowly (the lever that engages blower) what happens over time if you just shut blower off immidetly on the 36's is the engagement lever stops the the blower immidetly while the auger is still spinning and will snap chains and egg shape your sprockets. Contacted Walker and thats who told me to let the lever down slower cause it is a problem with the 36's and never had problems with them since! now if they can make another 36" or find another company we would buy more! I think a 40" should be made cause the 36's the new gereration tires stick out wider and even more so if you run chains.