1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else use one of these?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dhadaway632, Dec 10, 2008.

1. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

Zero turn plow , anyone use them?

I bought this about a month ago. When it arrived my thought was to send it back. To my demise I kept it. Anybody else try one out and what are your thoughts?

http://www.countryztr.com/snowplow.htm

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

id put chains on if i were you

3. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

Chains are not the problem. It is soooo poorly made. Paper thin steel, 1/2 inch cutting edge on the paper thin blade. Brackets that explode on impact when you actually hit something with resistance. I was told when I oredered it it would be great for commercial applications. I plow 15 public schools and all of the sidewalks. I guess if all the sidewalks are as perfect as a smooth lake it would be okay. One raise in the sidewalks and the brackets break. Anyway, beware if you are looking into this product. Save your money.

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I have looked at these before. I always wonder how our JD ZTR's would push snow.

5. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

i wouldn't have ordered it, just based on the pictures.

Have you tried it yet?

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

make it better imo it works just needs strength

7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

That looks like a leaf pusher.

I would recommend welding some steel on to it to make it strong enough. I would also let the company know that you are un-happy and that they need to make a better product.

8. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

I have had to add a real cutting edge to it and had to reinforce all welds that might take the impact of sudden burst of air hitting them. Their warranty page would give the impression that they know it will fail. What in plowing would not be considered :

"Damage resulting from accident, abuse, or neglect are conditions under which warranty cannot be claimed. Nor will warranty apply to damage resulting from failure to follow the manufacturer's instruction for operation and maintenance nor from the improper selection of a particular application."

Buyer Beware!

9. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

doesnt JD make one? I had one for an LT rider.. our driveway was too steep though....pushed down fine but getting back up was an issue even with chains and weights

10. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

A buddy has on something like that and it bent where the blade mounts up... They warratied that one and the next one we put a ruber cutting edge on it and it works beter now... He uses it for sidewalks...

11. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

We use a Exmark Lazer and it pushes snow surprisingly well. It doesn't even have chains and it works well.

12. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

It needs a cab...Very cold to run.. Blowing Snow....

13. RickO

RickO Junior Member
    from Ohio

Don't buy one - they are junk

I know I'm bumping up an old thread in hopes of keeping anyone from making the same mistake you and I did. Fortunately I put it on my Hustler Mini Z the same day I bought it and had it destroyed in about 30 minutes of pushing snow. Just like you said it completely blew apart in about 3 places. Not heavy enough at all. For that money you can fabricate your own bracket buy a NICE Blade AND a winch - which I did. I'll let you know how it works. Yes I agree the Z pushed snow like crazy but the blade was crapussmileyflagussmileyflag - Buy a Swisher Blade

14. RickO

RickO Junior Member
    from Ohio

Don't buy one - they are junk

I know I'm bumping up an old thread in hopes of keeping anyone from making the same mistake you and I did. Fortunately I put it on my Hustler Mini Z the same day I bought it and had it destroyed in about 30 minutes of pushing heavy wet snow. They gave me my money back the same day. Just like you said it completely blew apart in about 3 places. Not heavy enough at all. For that money you can fabricate your own bracket buy a NICE Blade AND a winch - which I did. I'll let you know how it works. Yes I agree the Z pushed snow like crazy but the blade was crapussmileyflagussmileyflag - Buy a Swisher Blade

15. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Fab up an ATV blade .