1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone else starting to itch for more snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by birddseedd, May 22, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

anyone else starting to itch for more snow?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nope. Happy the way it it is now.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with Grandview. It's dirt season, let the dust fly and the dollars roll in!

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Nope. This is the time of year I think about taking on more snow but then I come to my sense's.

5. birddseedd

hehe. ya. im in that position now. havnt come to my senses yet

6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Buy a snow cone machine & become a roadie...then you can sell snow removal year round...one scoop at a time!

7. birddseedd

now theres a business model and a half

8. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

When it rains I can't mow, If I don't mow, I don't get paid. If all this rain was snow, I'd be rich. Let it snow.

9. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I cant wait for the snow to hit again!!! I would like some time off, it isnt even Jun yet and we have been going none stop for 3 months now. I need a week to play catch up, get one oil changes done, do some service, and did I say it would be nice to have more then one day off in a row? Yeah that also...

10. birddseedd

its been a drought here in michigan. usualy happens this time of year. but iv been doin landscaping alone so iv been staying busy.

thankfully my big lawn always grows. 800 bucks a month to cut grass :D

11. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I'm always ready for it to snow! I would rather sit in my truck and plow a @ 1:00 in the morning than sit on the dozer or in the loader in the heat and dust going home covered in dirt. Maybe I have just been in the excavating business to long. :nod:

12. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I have been ready for the snow since November! Maybe this snow season will be better than last. I would love to see how my new skid does pushing but it does look so pretty sitting in the shop all nice and shiny and just waiting to get covered in snow.

13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Well put. I was thinking the same exact thing.

14. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Everyone here at Pro-Tech is certainly ready for snow! Of course, since we are building Sno Pushers all year round it always feels like winter even when it's 90 degrees out.

15. birddseedd

hopefully ill get to build me a snow puller this year

16. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I'm wishing for snow. I can't sell mowers with no rain. The grounds is getting like rock not selling a lot of augers. But that's life In Indiana. Just wait aday or two it will change.

17. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Come on up to northren Manitoba.

Check out the forecast fantasy channel is saying 5-10 cm over the next 24, mmm push snow or go mow.tymusic

18. birddseedd

Snow qlreqdy. Dang that wqs quick. Need a new pump housing real quick

19. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I'm ready for more snow, everyday when I go get the mail.....wishing the checks from a real winter were in there instead of the bills.

20. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

Can't wait for snow season to get here. I have been out knocking on doors handing out cards and flyers hopeing to stir up new business. Just wish some of them would start calling soon.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012