1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Remove That Cross Stop Bar?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MIAWPUKEK, Dec 24, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I have a Ultramount Pro Plow and I found that if I removed that cross stop bar on the plow frame, I can lift the plow higher and stack the snow higher. Anybody else do this?

2. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

that cross stop is for high lift trucks, so you are not always maxing out the ram. I never install those on mine, to much hassle.

3. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

I scrapped mine too! Makes stacking much easier!!

4. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

the dealer here never even put my buddies on when they installed his plow

5. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Mine was put on my 1/2 ton, not sure why but never had a reason to take it off.
    When my plow is up all the way it does drag a bit on a sharp decline.

6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

its only supposed to be used when your vehicle is a certain height, if your truck is not that high then you dont use it, I didnt have it before I lifted the truck but I put it on as per the instructions after I lifted it.

If western bothered to make it and says to put it on a certain height truck, I put it on mine, I would like to think they know better then me.