1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else in Anchorage, AK??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kl0an, May 3, 2004.

1. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Just looking to see if there's anyone on here in Anchorage.

I plowed for 2 contractors this past winter and now I bought my own truck. Just trying to get some opinions on who you're subbing for, where you're getting insurance, etc..

I'd also like to get my hands on a used Back Blade, Daniels or ??

Paul

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

A little south east of Anchorage, Juneau

3. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Hey Dwan, we've messaged bak and forth before.. I know Crumm is up in Fairbanks as well but, I haven't heard much from him lately.. I can't believe there's not more on here..

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Not to many I talk to here know of this site. I like to keep good things to myself around here.

Dwan

5. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Well we need to get them talkin so we can find out about used equipment and maybe a few secrets here and there for pushin around this Alaskan snow.. I'm sure your snow down there in pretty wet. It's not that bad here in Anchorage.. Fairbanks is really dry though..

What kind of work do you do in regards to plowing? Commercial or driveways?? How is your insurance costs?? Do you know anyone using poly edges down your way??

I tried e-mailing TrailerCraft here and asking about the poly edges but, I haven't heard back. I'm also in the market for a used back blade. I used one for the first guy I worked for last Winter and the second guy I worked for didn't use them.. It was almost embarassing to plow for him after seein what back blades do..