1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have to deal with this?

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by JoeG3, Feb 8, 2015.

1. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

So does anyone else have complete strangers stopping you to ask about those lights on your bumper.

I leave my BUB on my truck and it seems like I am constantly getting asked what those are? / where I got them? I had a guy at the supermarket tonight chase me in his plow to find out about them. Considering the company is only located about 30 miles away I would think they would be more common.
  2. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I'm kinda surprised nobody's asked yet. The other day at the post office, I pointed mine out to a guy with a Dodge Ram diesel who had a Western plow on his truck. Our trucks were headed in opposite directions in the parking lot, so he probably wouldn't have seen it if I didn't mention it.
    I flipped the flasher on, and he seemed impressed with the design, but must have thought I made it. Hell, I'm not and probably won't ever be that handy at metal fabrication and electrical stuff. I might come up with ideas, but have no clue about how to build anything.
    We talked for a minute or so about how the floodlights on the B-UB are at a good level to help prevent backing into something, versus lights mounted up high on a rack.

I figure if anyone does ask, I'll show them the label on it, and tell them to make sure they get the dash in the right place when typing the URL. (Otherwise, you get some computer backup thing.)
  3. redsox4life

redsox4life Junior Member
    from MA

Good idea, but not worth $300 Imo, you could probobly wire up something similiar (minutes the strobe) for less than $50
  4. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Totally worth the money, I would never plow without my BUB. People who don't have one seem to ***** about the price, quality American made products are not cheap. Don't hate on the Back up Buddy..it's awesome!
  5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I made my own for about $50 without strobes.
  6. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Any photos ?

And how did you do it ??