1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Have Quadrasteer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 353628, Dec 13, 2006.

1. 353628

353628 Junior Member

Anyone else out there have quadrasteer on their plow truck? If so, how has it held up. I found a few old post from Hamptonplow, but nothing recent. I purchased a 2005 crew cab this summer and put a 8'2 Boss power V on it. The little bit I've used it for plowing this season has been great, it really saves me time being able to turn around in such a small space, now instead of backing up an replowing I can turn around a plow back the other way.

Thanks, Steve
  2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I almost bought one but decide against it, It was awesome for turning.
    But because its a $5K option, I kept wondering how much it would cost to fix it.
    So I decide not to take the chance.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like just another thing to go wrong to me.
  4. 353628

353628 Junior Member

Maybe you should just stick to a snow shovel that won't break

With an attitude like that it makes me think that you must just use a snow shovel - can't have a snowblower - might break, 4 wheel drive - to many moving parts, might break, get the drift - the vehicles we drive today are much more dependable than those of the past, just because it has a couple more moving parts doesn't make it bad.
  5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I have Quadrasteer in the vehicle in this link. Best money ever spent in my life. We are always on the lookout for low mileage Quadrasteer vehicles, as they are rear animals. The link below will take you to the largest Cadillac Escalade Limo in the country. The only way it was possible was with the Quadrasteer Rear Axle. It is also the only limo in the country with Rear Wheel Steering....
    06 220": http://www.aperfectlimo.com/06escalade.htm
    05 220": http://www.aperfectlimo.com/05escalade.htm