1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ANyone else getting pounded

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelandscape, Feb 2, 2003.

1. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

We are getting a huge snow storm 6 inches on the ground 8 inches tonight 6 inches tomorrow 8 inches on monday night. We have the heavy wet snow on the ground right now. I'm not opening my mouth about meyer plows because i did the other day saying how good they are and low and behold my pump went today i couldn't believe it.
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting this storm besides Acorn and Brunswick Concrete i know they are.

CHeers

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

My guess is if they are, they are out plowing!

What are ya waiting for??

6" on the ground and 8" coming? Plow WITH the storm. :drinkup:

~Chuck

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

And people questioned why Nsmilligan's Fisher V was so beat? Not me.

Good Luck guys. Be safe.

4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

Get some pics and me rest good luck with your pump did you get it fixed?

5. Manx

Manx Senior Member

I'm wishing for a nice storm

That's when it starts to thin the herd

6. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

well i'm pulling the trucks off the road can't see a thing the snow is coming down way to hard. trucks are useless in this stuff super heavy wet snow. It just started to snow the light stuff on top of the wet and the wet stuff is freezing.
    It took us an hour at 2 driveways thats when i said i'm quiting. just have to wait and dig out with the loaders in the morning

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

"just have to wait and dig out with the loaders in the morning"

Don't ya just love it when you have to say that?? Ahhh to see real snow again....

Good luck & be safe out there!

We got 8.25"!!...

During 7 events in January. Lots of salting. Never received 8" of snow in a month without having to drop the plows once. Pretty wierd.

8. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

I wanna see some real snow :realmad:

9. You lucky Son of guns!

Just rain here and they say heavy this afternoon with temps dropping later so time to put on the squee-gee edges.

Bob V

10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Plowed yesterday, plowing today and sounds like I'll be plowing tomorrowpayup .

11. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Got 7'' yesterday. forcast was for 1-2'' on top of that it rained for two hrs befor it ended. Boy was it heavy. It's a good thing I looked out the window at 2am.

12. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Who ordered the rain??? A really good sized storm misses us and went north, now the radar shows rain heading this way. Maybe I should just get the U edge so I can push some water at least.. :realmad: Oh well, if no storm than :drinkup: First round is on me tonight... :D You hear that Mother Nature??? I am going to have a good time with or without you... So get your A$$ up and get us a real storm.....

Oh well, worth a try,,, I hear that she reads the post sometimes..:rolleyes:

13. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

OffRoadPlow,

Not sure were you are in Michigan, but they are also calling for rain in my area, then a change to snow tonight, along with more snow for the next two days. Need another month like Jan. to be happy for the year. Good luck.

John

14. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Offroadplow,

If that doesn't get you some snow from mother nature, i dunno what will....haha:drinkup:

15. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

JButch,,, yeah it changes by the hour.. Started Sat with the "6" Sunday night more on Tue" then just wend down from there taking off 2" every time I checked it. By this morning it was "Rain tonight changing to snow after midnight, with the possible accum." Now they are saying that we might get some accum. on Tue, but it will be on a think layer of Ice.. fun.. :rolleyes: So who knows, and you got ring on the head MulchM, just trying to push her buttons and get a real storm in here. She has a lot to prove before I believe in her powers.. :D (trying again).. I know two years ago we got over 30" in 24 hours and caught everyone off guard, they even closed the company (not plow company) I worked for at 1pm the day it started. Could not even see the back of cars at some residences.. I want to see it again, that’s all, some restore to power of a true Michigan Winter.... The reason I live here... I will just sit back now and watch the attempt that will be made to give us some winter weather, while I stripped down my primary plow for maint. and paint, we should get something,,,, I figure we should some really big snow when I start the process of setting the lexan back on to the frame... Good luck to all of us......

16. wyldman

wyldman Member

Same here for us,calling for all this snow,and now just rain,ice pellets and flurries.Probably the same Colorado low you guys are getting.

I just blew a motor in my main International salt truck,so I bet it's gonna be lots of freezing rain.

Anyone got a spare DT466 ?