1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else get "The Letter" today?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Camden, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Without giving out the name of the company, did anyone else receive a letter today from a large telecommunications company calling out contractors who aren't doing quality work?

Please PM me if you received the letter because I would like to compare what mine said to what yours said.

For everyone else who's reading this, here's a brief summary...I guess there are a lot of contractors around the country who aren't fulfilling the terms of their contracts and there was a letter sent out with PAGE after PAGE of locations where crappy work has been done.

They even included pictures!!!

After I realized what I was reading my heart started to speed up because I was wondering if I was on "the list" but I wasn't. To be honest, I thought the whole thing was a major cheap shot. They should've contacted the contractors directly instead of throwing them under the bus but I guess that's how they want to do business.

I'm pretty sure everyone who made the list is going to step up their game because it had to be embarrassing to get called out in front of all your fellow plowers.

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

are customers complaining to the telecom company, and they put all this together? or is the telecom company taking upon themselves to call out the contractors?

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

did they acctually say the locations and the contractors responsible?

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We got something that sounds similar...but to be honest it was tossed already so I can't compare what it says. I thought it was a bunch of BS and didn't care!

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The company has a website that is dedicated to fielding service requests and then those requests are forwarded along to the people responsible for completing the job.

The letter I got contained the actual request from the location where service was needed and there was a black line through the contractors name who is supposed to service the account but it was poorly done and you could make out the name easily.

Hahaha - I didn't see Alexandria on the list so I think you're in the clear. The closest locations were in southeastern MN.

6. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Does this communications company's name start with a V?

I was contacted by the contractor that got the bid, said I would do one of the areas in town, and never heard back.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Didn't get a letter but I would love to see the list. Can you forward it? I can see this not lasting too long. There are so many situations that involve too many conditions to just say it was crappy work. I also could see this tele. company getting sued as well. You could be getting a snow fall of 2" per hour and just cleaned a lot and one customer just wakes up and it looks like you were never there, and they call this company and take a pic. when infact you just left there 1/2 hr ago.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if they acctually stated what company serviced what poorly , and sent it to every contractor , it would be interesting to see if a lawsuit would result ...deplimation of character?

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sooo, does it start with a V?

Haven't got anything yet, but I've been screwing around with their BS for the last month now. If it's the same one.

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No..not a V, try Q ;) (they might not service your area)

I also take care of a tower for the company you're talking about and they've been great to me.

11. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

got to love qwest worked for them for a while they suck themselves

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Any Northern, IL stuff on there? I feel we do quality work but I wanna see if there's anything on there. Feel free to pm me stuff if there is around the McHenry Co. Area.

13. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

Look at FL, you need a licence to take a crap down there! If your caught working with out a licence you get fined, get caught twice you go to jail!! It really weeds out all the flyby nights, Part of my painting licence had nothing to do with painting, it was more OSHA and business law than anything else. I'd love to see Colorado follow suit! There is to many ****** contractors out there :gunsfiring: