1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone do this on their rig?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SStephanuik, Nov 7, 2010.

1. I just bought a snow dogg plow that I'm getting all mounted up and wired tomorrow. Since I will have to run a mars light or strobes while plowing can the on off switch on the plow controller be also used for the lights? I don't want to burn up a controller with too much current but thought it would be an easy way to go about it and not add a dash switch. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

You need the plow - lights - strobes all on seperate circuts

3. OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ Member

I would think if you could tap into the on/off switch and run it through a relay using that on off as the on off for the relay, and using the other prongs to power the strobe power supply it would work.

Been considering the same thing actually with my setup.

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Its very easy....and yes it can be done without hurting anything with relays

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Be sure to use a relay with spike suppression so you don't damage the controller circuit.

6. Thank you guys. Just shopped for all the lighting I want. Can't believe how damn expensive everything is. Just a mars light is looking real good at this point until the snow flies.