1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone do any sub work for lawn and snow enforcement elmhurst il ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by taylortscm, Feb 5, 2014.

1. taylortscm

taylortscm Junior Member

or midland snow and ice I took several lots sub to me by lawn and snow enforcement in Elmhurst il owned by kevin teichen and michelle daniels all I got were excuses when it came time to get paid and they have no money to pay me, then I found out he was subbing the work from midland snow and ice a known crook , had I known he was a sub I would not have taken any work from him

and so here go the liens

2. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover Junior Member

Take them to small claims court. If you are out $$ for work or services performed. Make sure you have all documentation in order because you'll need to prove you provided the services you are claiming.

3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

4. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Wow, that's a shame that people aren't getting paid

5. ABDIRT

ABDIRT Junior Member

I just don't understand people just about themselves to make a buck. I always take care of workers first then subs and then me. To me it is integrity first.

6. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of people are. I have a guy that I'm holding his equipment that he needed it fixed because he owes me money for plowing. He's paid me for most of the season, but it's like pulling teeth to get paid. As my friend put it, "he doesn't think about the people he owes money to, he doesn't care, so you need to remind him every day and be a pita about it." It pisses me off people can be like that. But he's the same guy that recently borrowed a trailer of mine to move a skid for a day, then a few days later when I need it, he doesn't bring it back to my shop. I yelled at him over the phone, and he told me "I need to learn that he will bring it back at his convenience." Who says that? Typically if you borrow something w/o payment, If the owner needs it, you RUSH it back. I thought that was a standard courtesy.

Bottom line: those kinds of people are piles of ****, with no integrity, values, or morals. They should never be trusted. It's just unfortunate that you can't hang them from a tree.

7. anz27

anz27 Member

^^^previous 2 posters sum it up. Sometimes cheating other people get you ahead for a short time but honesty always pays in the end.

8. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Lawn and snow enforcement has also bounced numerous checks to local landscape suppliers (us included)... Show up at his house, thats what we did and got paid...

9. lns

lns Junior Member

taylortscm - BEWARE OF HIM. This is Lawn and Snow Enforcement and we have tried to pay taylortscm, also named DAN GRISSOM of Doweners Grove, IL. Google his name and you will see rip-off reports, and fraudulently obtaining a auto dealer license out of Indiana now owing him more than $25000.00. We do pay our employees however do to Dan Grissom fraudulently obtaining liens we cant get paid. This man worked for 2 days 3.5 hours each day and was then fired. This was the 1st 2 weeks of December 2013. We fired him as he claimed to myself as well as my fiance that he does not do paperwork and refuses to turn in any time sheets. We fired him at that point. We had attempted numerous times to obtain a time sheet to get Grissom paid but he still claims he refuses to give us one.

Grissom signed a contract stating he will give us invoices and time cards within 15 days of each storm. This guy is a scam artist and sadly, because of taylortscm, named DAN GRISSOM, the workers who truly did the work cant get paid untiil this joker removes liens from customers properties.

Also, as Dan only is oweed 7 hours at $65.00 an hour, and a total of $455.00, he has gotten paid $1000, from the named company in his original post Midland, and $340.00 from another residential customer. He has been paid almost double what he has owed and is costing true hard workers there paycheck. This clown has even gone and placed a few liens on customers properties that werent even on his route!!!

DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING GRISSOM SAYS UNTIL YOU GOOGLE HIM.

WHO IS THE REAL PIECE OF S***? NOT LAWN AND SNOW ENFORCEMENT, IT'S DAN GRISSOM OF DOWNERS GROVE, AND OUR ATTORNEY IS SEEKING TO FINALLY HAVE THIS SCAM/FRAUD ARTIST PUT IN JAIL! HE HAS 5 BUSINESSISES AND 6 RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS MEETING WITH STATS ATTORNEY IN SUPPORT OF HIM GOING TO JAIL AND IN DEFENSE OF OUR COMPANY.

PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ON HERE THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY AND TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE AND JUDGING PEOPLE WITHOUT HEARING BOTH STORIES ISN'T MATURE!!!

HERE IS A LINK TO DAN GRISSOM'S RIPOFF REPORT
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/danie...r-woodworks-taylor-automotive-gladly-t-563321

Here is a link to Dan Grissom's findings of fact owing the State of Indiana $25000.00 in fines
    https://myweb.in.gov/SOS/AAOnline/ShowFile.aspx?ID=2131

Lawn and Snow Enforcement is a true and honest company and we promise to protect the men who work for us and our customers. Will go after this Dan and our guys, the real workers will get paid!!! Thats a promise

HAPPY SPRING!

10. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Are you the idiot that drives around all year long with your strobe lights on? Why do you do that? You look like an idiot, and it's illegal as well...

11. lns

lns Junior Member

no I have no strobes.

12. lns

lns Junior Member

FYI this has nothing to do with strobes. This is about us trying to get our workers paid. So lets stick to the issue at hand and be professional. Thanks

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have no dog in this fight.
    But these legal aspects do not effect your employes.
    You are obligated to pay your employes their wages regardless of what is going on with Mr. Grissom.
    You are responsible for their pay. The business where the work was performed, are not responsible for your parole.

It maybe why you can't make payrole and that does, or can put you in a tight spot.
    Take out a loan.
    If your employes have go to the Dept. of Hrs and labor to get their pay.......

soooo, this guy can even make more trouble for you.

I wonder why a guy with other business would want to work for you?
    Did he do so just to screw with you?
    If so why?

"Grissom signed a contract stating he will give us invoices and time cards within 15 days of each storm. This guy is a scam artist and sadly, because of taylortscm, named DAN GRISSOM, the workers who truly did the work cant get paid untiil this joker removes liens from customers properties."

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

3............2..................1 Poof

15. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm Confused......

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

He said....he said....

17. Mark Oomkes

He did not.

18. Mark Oomkes

Or, maybe he did.

19. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe he didn't?

enquiring minds want to know!!!

20. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Iv worked for some people like this in my past. Its almost as bad as the government taking your money