1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Delt with this company

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dailylc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Has anyone purchased salt fom Bigfoot salt out of Rockford, IL. How was service? Was the product of good quality? The pricing i got fom them was great and looking to place an order by Monday.30th.

Thanks,
    James

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

What was the price?

3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

3.81 per 50lb bag rocksalt truckload of 960 deliveed to my doorstep.

James

4. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

Never heard of them and I'm 20 miles away.

5. MARK SUPPLY

MARK SUPPLY Member

Do more research

That is a little to cheap, for good salt ie domestic, dry, ect. unless they are getting product or freight for free lol. Ask them where its coming from.

Joe Blair

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

$3.81 is to cheap? LOL

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  7. Tulman

Tulman Junior Member

I just searched their address as I live 18 miles from Rockford and know the area. Their office is downtown. This is only an office. Website states that bulk is shipped from Great Lakes areas and bagged is shiped from Michigan.

I'm new to the business. I just got a plow on my 1/2 ton and have a business interested but they need de-icing. This is just a small parking lot and a single truck dock. Any suggestions for spread equipment for a chevy 1/2 ton for smal commerical and residental work?

8. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Just to update. A local contractor ordered a truckload from them and is very happy with the product and price. I'm ordering a truckload tomorow.

James