1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone dealt with the company Dentco out of michigan?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowcrazy, Dec 2, 2014.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

had a company (dentco) call me wanting me to cover a gas station in my town. I personally will not work for a national but have a friend looking for snow work and was going to get him in contact with them but before I get him involved figured Id ask on here.... Thanks very much..... any info appreciated. Guess they have the contract for speedway gas stations.

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

Hey neighbor

I am probably the one that gave them your number. I am in portsmouth. They called me because i do the station in portsmouth. I have worked for them for several years and have had no problems. Of course, as with all maintenance co. You have to jump through a few hoops but no problems.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The original NSP.

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

Let me clearify, i have worked for dentco for several years, not the station. This is the first year for it.
  5. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Awesome man and thank you!!! good ole Portsmouth.... Im at the dirt track there every weekend watching dirt racing..... that is good to here actually that you have had no issues with them. I have a ton of work right there in Georgetown (I only plow in that town and that town only) so this station would be great to have. Fella sent me some info to look through and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as what other nationals want you to do to get the work done.

Once again thanks!!!! If you want, give me your number by PM and if I get any calls from your way I will send them your number. thanks.....
  6. snoboss

snoboss Member

worked for them for a decade no problems.
  7. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

I actually wound up turning them down. Im sure there okay and all but there payment method was to drawn out for me. When these nationals call me from now on I just need to not be drawn in by my own interest and tell them to call someone else. We figured out pricing, chatted by e-mail several times but when they sent me e-mail with packet info there was nothing about payment. I called them and after them explaining (atleast trying to explain, hell I don't think they understand) I told them this wasn't for me. When he said I would still possibly be getting plowing money in may and possibly June I knew that was gonna be a mess. I Have to many clients that sign my contract where the pay within 15 days...... Waiting close to 2 months for payment I know is fine for some but not this fella..........

appreciate everyone that replied, thanks
  8. procut

procut Senior Member

Turned them down a few years ago for a station in Michigan. Were offering $36.00 to plow one of the busiest stations in town. Told them no; she said to go take a look at it and call her back. I did and called her back the next morning and told her I could go $70.00. Was told they found someone to do it for there original offer and was hung up on.
  9. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

I did a kohl store for them in Chillicothe ohio for 10 years .payed 6 month out of the year ,money was always 90 days out ,but it always came .lots of paper work .I still do a small shoe store for them .good money ,but turned down the gas stations in town ..I refuse to do the gas stations thing .no where to push .always packed and only want salt when they want it .plus the pay .well lets just say I would charge 3 times what they are willing to pay . (((kohl was nice seasonal money you could count on )))
  10. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

anybody work for universal property services out of Toledo ohio ,they want me to plow salt a family dollar store right by my house. 2 inch trigger plow salt .basic little lot .call in system ,no paper work .no trying to highjack your post .
  11. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

We plow 3 FD's for them. Pay is ok. Contract is definitely to there favor, any slip and fall and you are the sole defendant. Pay is 60-90 days out.
  12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

How do they make you sole defendant? Are these zero tolerance sites with no trigger? Just curious.
  13. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

There is no such thing as a sole defendant...An attorney can drag anyone into the suit and I'd bet since they have more money than you they would get drug in.
  14. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I only asked about it because I have seen " hold harmless" clauses.. Most of the time they are in conjunction with triggers that would limit your ability to be solely responsible for the site and/ or conditions.
  15. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Beenjoy working for Dentco for years. Pay is pretty good, i do agree the timing sort of sucks on how they pay but the payments that come in February March and April are sweet cause as long as you can pay your regular bills with your other contacts, you get 3 big checks at the end of the year. You just gotta make sure you have enough to cover yourself November to January
  16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Trying to work a deal now with their long drawn out contract.... Ill commit with my experience, see which way this deal go's..
  17. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Guy I sub for owns Greg Dent's old company. Tree's Inc.
  18. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

I feel like these guys do a lot of dollar type stores, really low end stuff. While the money is bad, servicing isn't hard. The problem is their clientele is looking for a chance to take a header and sue soemone. especially in certain markets. the risk is so high for so little reward.