1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone check out their winter equipment Yet???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Sep 20, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Okay so I've asked before but whos gone through their stuff yet??? I started a month ago and I'm glad I did because I'm finding all sorts of stuff goofed up. How bout you?pumpkin:
  2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I just pulled out the pumps and made sure they still work. They do:D I am in the process of wiring the plow control wiring and light harness into my new truck. It might be overkill getting ready now, but I'd rather get things done now than wait until it is cold out to install this stuff.
  3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

LOL! Im sorry but I just laugh like hell when I see that pumpkin smilie! What kind of stuff did you find goofed up?? I only have my one plow that I did not hook up yet to give it a once over. Hmm now would be a good time... Mike :drinkup:
  4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Mines almost done , new 10' plow for the the new Case IH, Sidewing all cleaned up and painted, new vibrator on the Trynex, new wings on order to revitialize the old Fisher V. Added heated wiper blade to the Trackless, and more lights. Installed vhf radios, and getting rid of the cell phones, but it won't seem right to 100% ready for the 1st snow, so there will likely be something I didn't expect .:dizzy:

5. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

We started about two months ago. We have two different trucks his year that have to be converted over to plow trucks. We still have our little 4x4 that will be made into our sidewalk and salt truck. That gets a custom welded bed on it. We are getting ready early this year, because last year we where working on our rucks outside while it was snowing. That royally sucked!! Besides, the farmer's almanac is calling for snow in the beginning of December for the northeast / mid atlantic.
  6. Santo

Santo Banned

Waiting for shipment of accesories & new spreaders .
  7. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

At the tail end of last year I started having probelms with the trans (auto), and just got around to putting it on the lift and taking it out last week. (I didn't realy use the truck much this summer). It would somtimes make an awfoul loud metal to metal grinding noise, when going into reverse, and while coasting. I brought it to my trans guy, he went through the whole thing and found nothing wrong :eek: , so now he has the t-case. The only other thing I want to do is a new motor for the pump, this one is real sloooow (e47).:sleeping:
  8. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Well Mike I plugged my hydralic sander in and found the trck chain all bound up, my snowblowers had old fuel in them and were all gummed up, transfer case leaking like crazy in f-350, Oh and today when I went to fuel up the rear tank in my 350 it hit the ground! seems the strapping or saddle that holds it up rotted thru. oh well just another smiley daypumpkin: pumpkin: :drinkup: pumpkin:
  9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Wow, ProSno, you have alot of kinks there to iron out! :dizzy: I never saw a gas tank fall completely out like that, lol. Not laughing at you, but that must have been a sight to see. :D I put my plow on last night and operated it up, down, left and right. All seems well with that. I checked all the bulbs too, everything works. It seems to raise kind of slow though. I did adjust the drop speed to my liking last year after reading how to on here and it is my understanding that when you adjust the drop speed, the plow will raise slower?? It takes about 3 seconds to raise from the ground to the top, does that seem about normal? It kind of sounds like its straining to raise. :confused: Also, with the plow lowered, when you go to push down the lift arm, its a no go. Im wondering if all these little quirks have something to do with each other. Mike
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  10. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Still under the tarp:nono:
  11. Greenscape4u.co

Greenscape4u.co Senior Member

how about your salters guys ? never fails for me , I always get rushed at the end of the season and never put them away like I'm supposed too ! both my units look like they need new spinner chains and probably charging the batteries is in order.