1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone charge by sq foot?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

If so what do you charge per sq foot?
  2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Essentially I do, but I convert the sq ft to acres, and then do the calculations.
  3. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I bid almost all my jobs by square footage. It depends on the size of the lot and the amount of PIA obstructions, but my lowest is .003 cents up to .005 cents a square foot.
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I guess if I was going to figure by the square ft., it would figure up to around $.006, which would be what, about .6 cents? (6/10 = 3/5 of a cent)? LOL...I think it would be much easier to round to the thousand (sq. ft.) and just call it at $6.00 per M.
    The only thing about figuring it by the "sq. foot", is what happens when you need and use more for colder temps and/or thicker icing conditions? This is why, as mentioned by someone else in another thread, it is better to use the sq footage as a guideline for estimating, but be prepared to use volume/weight for the guideline for the actual charging. In other words, you want to charge for how much is actually used.
    Another reason for this? Maybe it is just me, but I take other things such as this into consideration. One of our jobs is a plaza, has a tall storefront in it that faces the north. well,...this whole north face - that has the front doors and main areas, is always shaded...all day. Therefore, stays colder and requires more salt closer to the building. Little things like that. :)
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009