1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone buy wings for a 9.2 V? Likes or dislikes?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by scott3430, Mar 8, 2013.

1. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, I am thinking about adding the poly Boss wings to my 9.2 V-XT - probably by the fall to use next winter.

I plow about 20 driveways and 8 parking lots - 3 of the lots have a curb all the way around. The other 5 lots are fairly open.

So I'm wondering how the 30* angle of the wings work along curbs?, and if it's not too wide driving on roads and highways? - they would add 22" width to my V plow.

My dealer quoted me a price of $800. for the wings. I would do the install myself. Thanks for your thoughts and experiences on the Boss wings!
  2. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

You will love them and wont know how you lived without them. They are extremely tough and can be ran along curbs etc, they turn your plow almost into a pusher. Can you drive down the road with them...yeh...should you probabally not there a little wide even in V and will suprise you every now and again when they catch a little snowbank on the road and shoot snow everywhere. They are extremely easy to take on and off. Imo they are worth every penny.
  3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I agree. They are great. They make doing my lots so much easier. I hated the trailing off of snow when I turned and that's why I got them and it helps out with that. I try not to get to close to curbs with them on. They're designed that if you hit something hard with them the spring pin on top should release so the impact doesn't destroy the wing. I hit a big frozen ice chunk in the road when diving. I pulled over and reset it and its been fine since. I let the dealer install mine. My plow didn't have the holes drilled already. It does take up alot of room driving down the road but you just have to be careful if you decide to.
  4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

SNO-PRO and gc3.......thanks for your great reviews of the boss wings! From what you guys said about them, I will be buying a set by sepember/october.
  5. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

i agree with the others we have 5 of our 9 plows with them and getting more for next year we love them.All our work is parking lots no drives (except friends and family) they are awesome you will love them kcco
  6. bossman34

bossman34 Member

I would agree with everyone, I installed them half way through last season on my 9~2. I cannot believe how much of a difference they make. Having an 11 foot wide plow is pretty damn cool. Just remember not to overload your truck with too much deep snow. I dont believe that they should cost 800 bucks, but thats what you gotta pay to play... Have fun and good luck
  7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I'd have to agree w/ what's been said so far. Aside from all that, I have a 4" lift on my truck...between the lift and the wings extending the plow further in scoop, I've found that I can stack higher and tighter than I could before I had the wings, especially w/ deep powder snow. Parking areas that were at times challenging to clean up because of tall curbs or island walls have been a breeze now because of my extended reach. Some lots where stacking was once limited partially because of boulders on the corners...now I reach over the boulder. Long isle ways...where I once favored a certain direction, I now have other options. If someone blocks the pile at the end of the isle, my blood pressure doesn't go up as much now because of my options. You won't be disappointed.
  8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

How can a lift kit on your truck possibly allow the plow to lift higher? It still swings in the same radius and is limited my the same lift cylinder and headgear
  9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Everything sits higher.
  10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Mount still should sit at a max height of 17"
    Your truck won't stack any higher than a stock height truck with a mount in the correct height specs.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My truck sits on a 4" lift and I plow with 34" tires. My mount has been dropped to 15.5-16" which is no different then a factory height truck. If I left my mount alone like it was a stock height truck my V wouldn't sit anywhere close to level on the ground and do a terrible job and wear edges all goofy.
  12. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Anybody know of anyplace who has these wings on sale now? Im looking to buy a set or two.
  13. bossman34

bossman34 Member

I do not believe you will find them on sale anywhere, I waited from 2011 when they 700. Till 2012 and then they were 800 to buy mine, they will only go up in price, best to locate a dealer with stock from last year.

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Valpo trailor in Valpo Ind best price on boss wings. Go ahead and laugh now but i got a Western 7.6 propoly staight with boss poly flat top wings now almost 10 FT wide.western wings suck to much bend and flex. Boss wing much better made