1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone buy any new 2011 Silverado HD's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Sep 25, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Just been wanting to see some new pics of the new Silverado HD. If anyone has bought one. Im interested going to the dealer myself.

2. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

N one has bought one yet really?

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

4. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Hahaha i wish i had a 2011 Silverado right now but i cant let go of my 06 Silverado 2500hd the truck has always worked for me & never gave up or anything. it's the best thing i ever bought.

5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

6. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

getting a 2010...Deals are too good....next year a 2011....We buy deals and we buy em at a good rate. I'm getting a black reg cab 2010 2500HD (6.0 Gas W/3.73) On mon or tue. I'm getting it for $23,500.00. I couldn't pass it up when the used car dealer wanted 22k for a 5 year old duramax that is out of warranty....Buy new right now if you can....Might have a 2011 for myself coming too. But that will be a duramax with power windows, doors, and camper mirrors.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would love to buy a 2011 d max But i wont buy a diesel that uses def.No way.

8. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Def?!

The D-max has a DEF system....hmmm....I think you can get a delete for it can't you?....Man that sucks...didn't even think about it because I'm only buying the 6.0 vortec truck this month....and planed on the diesel in the spring or next fall....HOLY $h!^....man that sucks...

DEF is a good concept...but bad in practice. It will be another expense (if not set up to be a long term reciprocating system needing changes at 10,000 Miles or more), and totally F*********************** up using the new diesels in winter weather....In my opinion its just another way to buy the new "Green-Aware" public, and line manufacturers, service centers, and salesman's pockets with some of that green....:realmad:

Totally forgot about the DEF thing...I'm not a complete gearhead or diesel nut....I just like the Dmax's and cummins that I have driven....that puts a damper on my plan...I'm using my 2010 that I'm picking up this thursday or friday with an 8.5 V for this season and passing it to my newly appointed supervisor/foreman for use while I'm furthering my education (my father's getting it and hiring an employee that we already know to fill my hours). The truck I'm getting is completely standard W/T and I didn't want that as my personal vehicle with non electric windows doors ect. for myself for 10 years....Guess I'm staying with a 5 year gaser and payin up to LT or to add the dif. door panels with the $920 option.

**for those that don't know, DEF stands for Diesel Exhaust Fluid system. It uses water, nitrogen, and a process (that turns the N into urea). It lowers harmful emissions and is a great idea for a fifth wheel vehicle that tows hotshot or for people who do a lot of highway driving. The DEF will need to be recharged (expense and pain in the arse). You will literally have urine vapor coming out of you tail pipe. Synthetic urea (urine) basically. But still come on man?! I'd rather have carbon deposites than sit in traffic and smell piss all day.....(I may be warped because the only time I've been educated on the subject was when a family member who is an engineer told me about the concept...someone please educate me further if you know more...I'm not an authority on the subject)

9. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Not a 2011, but my 2010 I'm going to pick up. Signing papers in less than 12 hours.

AF119601(2).jpg

AF119601(5).jpg
    2500HD 4x4 Work truck.

Anyone know if the off road tires that are 245/75 R16 E that come on it are good for plowing with an 8.5 V and buyers dump insert/salter?? I know how tire size works and that they are E class tires....But I know that my 235/85 E's are supposed to be the best. Is there a big difference? ( I listed my rig info just so these chevy Dmax guys can help me here...not looking to hijack, just keep this thread going, and hopefully someone will step up with a 2011)

AF119601(2).jpg

AF119601(5).jpg

10. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

07.5 year and newer diesels all have some form of emissions bs that hurts power and mileage. Take it off and it wakes the trucks up, that is why pre 07 used diesels still bring some bucks...

11. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Ahhh Okay...now I know why they are trying to get 24.9K for an '05 Dmax at thrifty...Still too high even with it being in demand more...but now I know...See ya learn something everyday :nod:

I'm only up to date on my own equipment...I know I sound out of the loop but I only have enough room in my filing cabinet and brain for the stuff I have to worry about now, or the recent future....I'm glad to hear some of you know your diesel stuff tho :mechanic:

Now where's the guys that didn't know that and bought an '11 HD DMAX anyway?! I like the look of the dmax with painted bumpers, that cool hood, cloth w/vinyl floors, upgraded tow mirrors and power doors....And all in black on black!:D

12. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I have a 2011 3500Hd Crew short box ordered. Should be here in another 2 weeks. I am trading in my 08 3500Hd crew with a 6.0. I hated it. Under powered and tranny shifts all the time out on the highway. Not to mention the 10 miles to the gallon just driving. Drive a 2011 Duramax about a month and have to have one. The DEF is not a big deal. All the over the road big rigs have it. Ordered a new truck with a plow package, 100,000 mile drive train warrenty. Sign me up. They haul a55 too.

13. santaclause

santaclause Member

everybody is all up in arms over urea.not all over the road trucks have it just the brand new 10's yes you have to buy it but you can get it for like 13.00 for 2.5 gals at truck stop they say the engines are going to run better using the urea from what I have been told. they have been using urea for 10 years in europe,Its not a big deal just a new thing here thats all It wouldnt affect me from buying a DEF Diesel not at all .............

14. ohiogreenworks

New ones are still very nice, the brand new dmaxes have some serious power and look sweet too! That one at thrifty is so much because it has 30k miles. It is brand new pretty much! I looked at it and tried to make a deal with em, they were pretty firm at 23k, still too much for me for an 05.

15. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Who wants to go to a truck stop or the dealer to buy def at a min of 3 dollars a gallon every oil change. Have fun with that. No thanks.Got to love that fact that u can go a whopping 4 mph If u run the def tank dry.Lol

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  16. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Yeah, I don't care if it's gas or diesel or runs off of grass....23K is too much for any 5 year old work truck. Period. I am getting my new 6.0 (which is fine for my 2500 and its uses) under a full warranty for like 23.5k. You know they probably bought that truck at 16-18K....Thrifty has buying power, but I believe they have financial issues...and its a dealership....

....If it doesn't have a warranty, and their service department can't do anything for you...Why buy a used vehicle from them. If they can help you or be reliable then do it...But c'mon. Buy from that private party guy who lets it go for less. Just keep an eye out.

17. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

I would think as time goes on and this becomes the norm, it would be sold at all auto parts stores - and even places like WalMart. And the added cost is minimal compared to what you are dropping to buy the vehicle a new diesel in the first place.

A salesman told me that they even have warning indicators on all these new vehicles telling you when you have like 500, 800, or 1000 miles left of the stuff. Plenty of notice I would think to pick some up so you don't have to crawl along @ 5mph.

Bottom line is anyone wanting a new diesel will just have to get used to it.

18. ohiogreenworks

I hear ya, I want that truck, but only for 18k tops, it does only have 35k miles on it which is nice. I think I have my other truck sold so we will see if they will take 18k cash. They bought it at auction for probably 14-16k, and they think they can make a quick 10k on it. I would rather buy from private party but finding that exact truck is gonna be tough.

19. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Someone I was talking to said atleast for us up here, first three years the Def is on the Governments tap.

I never looked into it, so no Idea of thats true or not

20. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Ya, see I found that one with 45K in black for 19,9 and waited...called the next day and it was gone....But its such a nice truck, and I would hate to ruin the nice paint for a cheapo work paint job just to match my fleet color...I thought about using it as my own and just bookin' around like I was a sub for myself and no one would know the diff....

Its funny, I was gonna offer 18K cash price....Haha. Don't worry about me tho. I'm out on that truck. Last year they had an fx4 and they were at the same price for the same truck but ford....it was even red. I backed off tho. Theyre gonna hate me if I keep going and don't spend money