1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone break anything????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frndinalowplace, Feb 5, 2006.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

Did anyone break anything so far. Or is sumthing not working, today before heading out I checked everything plow, lights.... so i turned my strobes on and one didnt work so i tapped it couple times and it just flicker like 3 flashes then stops i was pissed. so when weather gets better i will open it up and check it out.
    anyone?

2. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

snowless

We broke the bank purchasing $30,000.00 in new snow equipment for a winter that forgot about boston! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

3. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

haven't even had much of a chance to break anything. I guess that's a good thing but it sure would be nice to use the equipment a little more than i have.

4. snatchal

snatchal Member

NO Superbowl Today

Yesterday morning I broke a plow light. In the afternoon the solenoid kept sticking on my boss plow. I had to bang on it to get the motor to quit running. the first time it happened the wires were smoking. I got to the parts store 5 minutes before closing. Went back to plowing and broke a pin for the angle ram. I started plowing yesterday morning at 2:30 AM & got finished at 10 PM. Started at 4 AM this morning and just stopped home for lunch. The way that it is drifting out today I can forget about watching the Superbowl on TV. I'll listen in my truck and plan to stop at one of the bars that I plow for some free food at halftime.
    Last week I broke a spring, a shoe, and blew 2 hydraulic hoses.
    My new wear blades have worn down an inch since december.

5. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I broke an inner front axle early this year and did some fixing here and there.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Just my waste of money, piece of sh*t Blizzard 810 plow. :realmad: :rolleyes: :mad: :angry:

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I knew I should have stuck with Western or Boss.:nod:

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Hardly broke a thing.... oh yeah, thats because it hasn't done anything useful since New Years...
    :rolleyes:

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Transmission went out AGAIN for the second time this year. Just had it to the tranny shop last week becasue i didnt think it was acting right, "gee, we cant find anything wrong, are you sure it was slipping". Think i finished it off trying to nurse it back to the shop.

10. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

wow, I guess sim having more luck than others. i was pretty mad about the strobe light i couldnt imagine how you guys were about trannys and plows not working...

keep em coming

11. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Other than regular maintance... Enigine mounts broke on the '01 Chevy. The rubber became "unbonded". The way the mounts are designed they can't break unless you pull out the mounting bolts from the block or frame.

But as others have said not much use = less breakage:) = less payup

Derek

12. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I broke a shovel during the last storm when one of the crew trucks backed over it. Right now I'm looking out my window and my neighbor is fooling around with his lawn tractor so I guess I haven't had much occasion to break anything except for the three times I've been out. Of course, each time I'm out, I'm out for a long time doing condo developments and commercial parking lots so I'm lucky so far.

13. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Do you live near me?
    I had the lanwn mowers out cleaning them and the shop up since it was like spring boy everthing is nice and shinny :D

I need a few more pushes at least this year just so my customers remmember who I am ;)

14. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I broke the frame on my truck right behind the front drivers side shock...fortuently someone is a welder in the family

15. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I broke my frame last winter too... took 2 days of tearing the whole front-end off & re-aligning & welding everything back together again... what a pain... but it's stronger now than what it was, & drives perfectly straight, so hopefully that's the end of that ever happening again... :dizzy:

Broken Frame (Small).JPG

16. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

I broke a dana 50 front axle and cracked my truck side plow mount

17. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

WELL IF WE EVER GOT SOME SNOW, MAYBE I COULD BREAK SOMETHING.

I was out one in December we got like a 6inche storm, no a trace of snow since. Shoot by now the welder should've been out atleast once reinforcing something.

18. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

With the amount of snow we've had here in Cleveland, I've broken.....

open a few beers!! Sheez. :drinkup:

19. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

On my personal truck i tore the drivers side of the bed off on a pole :cry:
    1 alternator and starter

on the fleet
    2 western A frames and 1 quadrent.
    3 radiators
    1 hydralic hose for the central hydro tailgate salter
    1 spinner controll for the central hydro tailgate salter
    2 snow ex controllers - Warranty
    3 snow ex vibrators -Warranty
    1 snow ex spinner motor - Warranty
    1 snow ex spinner transmission
    3 snow ex spinner guards
    4 starters
    2 alternators

20. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

dident use my plow that much lets see how many times let me count 1,2 yup thats it 2 times :cry: