1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone bidding on Menards this year?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by born2farm, Aug 21, 2013.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Just curious if the bid specs have changed for every store or if mine just changed on a local level. We have bid the local Menard's a few years now and have always been told to bid per push or a seasonal price. Of course they always require you to use there bagged de-icing products which is ridiculous on a lot of this magnitude.

This year we got the bid sheet from them and they want it all bid hourly. It is a very broad bid form and not very well thought out. I expressed my concerns on doing it this way with my local manager and was just curious if this was how they were directed to accept bids by corporate.

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I quit bidding on Menards' years ago. Unless you want to work for $50/hr, don't waste your time.

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

The ones around here have always been hourly.

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

It will be interesting to see what it goes for. The company last year had it on a per push. I bid it where I have to be to make money and hope for the best. Unfortunately it is one of the only larger lots around here that will keep our loader busy that's not under a National.

5. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

Pretty sure a large company out of Wisconsin will be bidding on Menards this year.

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

......Is it BW?

7. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

Not sure who BW is. But I'm guessing there's several companies bidding on them. The one I'm referring to is Winter Services.