1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone bidding for next year already?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by redman6565, Apr 24, 2009.

1. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

that target/lowe's i have already wants my bid for next year, not that i'm complaining, i mean i'll know in two weeks time whether 8 pieces of my fleet are booked or not. just can't believe im already thinking about next year lol
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's one big Lowe's. :drinkup::blush2:
  3. tutianoburgante

tutianoburgante Member

Hey Redman isn't the Lowes in your region going district wide. Meaning you have to service multiple location not just one.
  4. redman6565

no because they rent from COR Properties, the actual land owner and that's who i work for, just so happens Target, Lowe's PetCo, Bed Bath Beyond all rent in the same plaza from them

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i will when they let me....i love to lock accounts this time of year
  6. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

I just got requests for bids for a group of lowes in my area (Michigan). Do you plow any single (just lowes) locations? Would you mind sharing some pricing info? I know you're in a completely different market, but it would help though. thanks
  7. redman6565

no i dont, i just have the one lowe's account thats shares their bill with target and petco and bed bath and beyond
  8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I got a call from the local Postoffice today for the 2009-2010 contract.
    Last year it took 6 months to get the papers signed, season was almost over.
  9. lesedwards

lesedwards Member

How do figure out your quote

Last year we did all sub work from a big landscaper in th area but this year I have people comming to me and want to setup contracts with us but I am not sure how to quote and do you charge extra for salting / shoveling. I appreciate any help you can give.
  10. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

To start, you have to have an idea as to what it takes( time and material ) to service a property. My commericals are set up as follows: 0 to 1" covers minor stuff, partial plowing or shoveling or sanding. 1" - 3" is for plowing and shoveling per push during business hours. If sanding at plowing visit I have a reduced price versis making a seperate trip for just sanding for say freezing rain. Contracts are different for each business based on the requirements for that business. You have to provide adequate service to prevent any accidents. I won't take a job that wants a half a$$ job done because you end up with a bad repitation. Durning non business hours I try to plow every 6" . I also adjust my plowing visit to have the property clean for the business to open at thier schedualed time. A mistake I made when I started with commericals was not having a 0 to 1" requirement. We get a lot "dustings" or blowing snow after a storm that requires some attention of some kind to make a property safe.
  11. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

yep, trying to get everything rolling now and signed by august so were good to go when the white stuff falls.
  12. redman6565

3/4 of my contracts were signed to multi-year deals last season. Jsut finished working on the others. Now it's tiem to bid on new lots that always seem to escape me every year lol
  13. digit

digit Member

I believe COR properties also owns a strip plaza in canadaigua. How are they to work for and when do they usually bid out.
  14. redman6565

contact them now. I like the manager that oversee's our lot in Batavia. He's geat to work with.
  15. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Although most of mine are locked in already as a part of multi year terms, the remainder should be locked in by months end.
  16. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

That would be soooo nice.........:nod:

We do have several on multi-year commitments, but they are in the minority of total sites needed.

Every year the same old thing ~ bid, bid, bid like crazy with too many waiting until the very last minute to commit for just one year. :dizzy:
  17. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I make it practice to lock them in for 3 years at a time. Its kinda nice knowing you really dont have to worry about some scumbag lowballer trying to get in. :drinkup:
  18. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Half of our properties are locked in on multi year deals, no one ever wants to go more than 2 years, if we can get them to even agree to that.

I absolutely hate the waiting game. I've got a lot of work to do to sign on new customers this year with old customers out the door due to businesses closing/moving, and poor payers.

Good thing I spend so much time on here.
  19. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Go ahead.......keep rubbing it in! :cry:

20. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I am starting to bid on jobs now. Gotta make some calls on Friday. It's already August. This summer has just flown by.