1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone around detroit,mi i need help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

does anyone live in the detroit area that nows something about meyer plows. I have tried everything and i still cant get this plow to angle back to the right . i ckd the valves the solinoids are clicking so i think they are working i have aired out the lines flushed the fluid, so my question is there any one in the detroit area that would be willing to help me look at this plow. i can plow with it if we get snow tonight i will just have to plw with it angled, so if anyone can help please call me

586-615-4359 cell
    586-228-2191 home
    586-716-2954 office

thanks in advance.
    i would take it in but since the snow isnt falling yet i have no moneypayup

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Got your solution, I would call but I am up late and don't want to bother you. It is simple unplug you electric hook up and spray electrical contact cleaner in both ends and let dry a minute. Do this several times and then get white marine grease and put some on the connectors then plug back in and should fix it. If this don't work let me know.

3. crap, it sure did pick a good time to quit workin! Don't worry, they say the snow won't roll in until morning.

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

we're getting 1" here south of detroit now ( 1:25 p.m. ) ...not much at all.

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

no snow here,sun keeps poping out so nothing on our end today,good luck to southsiders sounds like you may couple inches anywho..

few thinks to check on your meyers:
    check your angle cylinders make sure no grim along shafts
    check your crossover relief,could be leaking or open
    check C coil -green wire
    check C valve
    check couplers make sure there on tight..

good luck...

6. that's the biggest buzz kill in the world is waking up and expecting to see the ground covered with snow and then you look outside and there is NOTHING