1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Anyone tried the Spartan Phalanx/ DPF delete kits on their 08' 6.4's yet?
    I'm curious to know all about this system, pros and cons.
    It's just so tempting to spend $1600 to get 18+ mpg and an extra 275 horses. WOW!:eek:
    The power for towing would be unbelievable and the mpg! Well, if you own a 6.4 anything would be better than what we're getting now!
    But by doing this I can't help but think about if I'm shortening the life of my 6.4 or any other down sides that usually go along with up sides.

Any input?
  2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Oh yes, you'll be shortening the life of that 6.4...big time.

Avoid the mods guys!! Has nobody learned anything from the 6.0?????
  3. Mid-Ohio Scaper

I thought the 6.0 was just a bad motor. I've seen alot of 6.0's take a dump without mods.
    I mean, is it just too much to ask for good mpg?
  4. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

this is just my 2 cents i am not a mechanic. I think that the actual removal of the DPF shouldnt hurt the truck as long and the computer is corrected i think if you throw a tuner in the truck u will begin to see trouble all i know is the milage sucks but a new motor would suck alot more.

Most mods will not kill a truck guys big egos and right feet kill trucks. I know guys that have there trucks pumped up to the max with no issues and my friends that have issues are the guys pealing out and horsing around
  5. Mid-Ohio Scaper

That's what I'm thinking, I'm really all about getting better mpg and if more horses come with the package so be it. It can only help towing.
    It's the guys who can't not stroke their diesel ego who fu*k a good truck up.
  6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I don't know guys. I think a truck is programmed from the factory for the very specific and precise calculations that the manufacturer dictates. It wasn't just that the 6.0 was a bad motor.

Alot of the 6.0's out there that have lasted are still running because they weren't messed with. Once you plug an Edge or Diablo or Banks in and tweak the computer, you put added strains on the rest of the motor.

Think of it this way: Any software you tweak requires hardware to be tweaked. So if you up the power or mpg, you'll have to do something to the affected parts of the engine. If it was so easy to begin with, the manuf. would do it.
  7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well I don't know but you could try ask expert at this http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php ask them if they try on 6.4L

For me I would wait until anyone try and put 50,000 or more miles then tell it work great no trouble it run good.