1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone actaully use the XLS yet!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kmwharley, Nov 17, 2007.

1. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

Considering getting another plow as a back up and will be used full time next year. I will be bidding on larger accounts next year so a 10' would be nice. I currently have 2 extreme v's and a western 8.5'(hate it compated to fisher) straight blade. I would just like to hear any feedback before spending anther $5k on something I may not like.
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

There were a few running here in Erie last week, I don't believe any of them are on the site. Initial reports were the controllers get real hot and the wings decided to work on their own. Jerre would know better he's the one I heard this information from.
  3. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

I asked my dealer about it, he doesn't have any feedback yet. I would think it would be fantastic for parking lots, not so much for driveways (compared to a Vee). That is a very heavy plow, over 1000#. You will want a healthy truck to tote that around.
  4. its a smaller, thinner, lighter, and bug filled blizzard.....so just buy a blizzard, which has been around since 1999 and has most of the bugs worked out!
  5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I probally won't be in the markey until next season but I have 2 extreme v's and I like the fishers. i know about 1st year bugs but if they can get worked out I would like the fisher as opposed to the blizzard so I can switch between trucks if necessary.
  6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I think if you wait it out a year it will be a damn good plow to buy. I cant wait to here some reports from people who got them already.
  7. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

It's a shorter, thinner, heavier, and possibly bug ridden plow. There aren't many reports as of yet. Get the plow that has the best support in your area. If looking at an XLS wait a year.
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Im going to let them work their kinks out for a year or two
  9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Coming from a guy with all Western products.:gunsfiring: The Wideout and XLS are the same weight as the Blizzard 810, they (Western) just place it different.

There are a couple of things that I see that could go wrong, but with no snow, I can not give a full report.

By the way, Blizzard, Western, and Fischer are all owned by Douglas Dynamics, and they know a couple of things about snowplowing, They won't let us down.:salute: