1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone a Planet member or get a price for a deere D series skid steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I asked for a rough price for a new 332D cab JD skid steer, theyre supposed to ship and get them around the 2nd week of December this year...

I get a price of roughly $51k.

I saw two days prior, a guy online was quoted in some other state 48k~ so i figured it was high because our dealer said no discounts or anything applied to the price yet.

So i find out how much our planet membership will save us on this large purchase since its supposed to be "upto" 25% off msrp... which i dont know what msrp really is on the machine.

The dealer could have given me the initial 51k price being say 15% off already?

They come back with a price of a little more than $48k+ tax still?

Just say the machine is 55k msrp, with only a 20% discount, its only 44k... im going to assume we wont get the upto 25% range for whatever reasons.

I talked to a couple guys at the expo show that were talking in the deere booth and they made it seem like they saved a ton of money by using their planet membership to buy a mini excavator and a new skid steer loader....

Lets just say they spent 70-90k on these two items... if theyre only saving 2-3k each, 6k off of a 70-90k purchase is chump change.

Anyone get prices on the new machines yet? I think the problem is the dealers dont have 100% correct pricing, markups, profit %s yet or order dates or dates of delivery so they're very hesitent to discount a machine to order vs buying one of their leftover 08s/09s off the lot with the old cab/engine/cooling design.
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i am not sure about JD, but i know that Case dealers buy their machines from the factory and then sell them, an example, last year a bunch of dealers from alberta bought a bunch of machines, and when comparing the costs to other dealers, the dealer i dealt with was 4-6thousand less (unfortunately i didn't have funds at the time, but well save up and in the next year or two i may buy a new one)