1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Landscape80, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Anybody deciding that they might take next plowing season 'off'? I'm to that point right now, and I'm seriously considering just subbing my work out for next year.......anybody else with me on this one??

When I mean 'off' I mean do a lil' work here and there to keep a couple bucks coming in.

Chris:waving:

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

plowing provides some income for me but not that much. i enjoy doing it and like to help people out. I plow for a few people that arnt friends or family and those are the ones i hit up for the money. Friends and family pay me when they feel like it and we have no set price. I do 31 drives as of now and usually a few more at any given time because my father is a real estate broker and he sometimes has empty houses to sell. I also plow the parking lot of my fathers office. I like to plow, drive, and help people out. Its not like its constantly snowing and besides i need something to keep me busy. I am not the kind of person who likes to sit around and do nothing all day.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

There's no way I could ever give up plowin.:nono: I have too much fun doing it.:nod: Plus if I subbed everything out, I would be a nervous wreck wondering if it's getting done right so I'd probably be out in the snow anyway.:D

4. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

I'd only sub out to people that I know personally. A bunch of the guys I know have been plowing since I was born, so I know they'd be doing a good job. I'd still plow, but not near as much, and I hate sitting around as much as the next guy. I'd still do my residentials just for obvious reasons, and there's a lil' rinky-dink low budget church that my dad goes to that I have been doing for free...20 minutes and I'm done. But some of my commercials would have somebody else doing them.

Chris

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree with BOSS, I'd be nervious of losing the accounts due to bad service..

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I just gotta plow when it's snowing! I could be rich as hell and still plow the storm. You got to keep track of the guys doing the plowing. It's still your contract, and your company responsible for it, keep tract of it.