1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Using Plow Wings?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MIAWPUKEK, Oct 18, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Anybody using those new plow wings on their western plow yet? thinking about getting a pair for my plow, they gotta be worth their weight in gold!!!payup

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  2. ghost

ghost Member

get them as fast as you can

I ran wings last year for the first time . I cant say enough good things about them. Cut plow time by 30% at least.:drinkup:

3. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Got the suggested retail price on those wings today for the western plow. All I can say is......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Don't forget you have to have a pro+ plow. I have them and love them.

5. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

what's your opinion?

My Western Dealer told me today that the wings would be no good for my plow where mine is a full trip. the wings are only good for a trip edge, and would be waste of money for me, cause they won't last on a full-trip plow. :cry: What's your opinion?

6. ghost

ghost Member

wings

I plow with an ultra pro 8' but i didnt get the wing that Western is offering I got a pair from Centeral Parts Wharehouse. They work great for nme and know I paid under $200 for them. They work just fine

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I used wings on my full trip Meyer, didn't have any problems with them and yest they do work great.

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Don't forget that pro-wings and Westerns wing for the Pro+ plow are very different. Westerns only give you 12" of width verses the 22" of the pro, but you get more containment with the Western wing. If I had a straight blade I would only have wings.

9. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Less than 200 bucks!?!?!?! My dealer told me the suggested retail price is over 1000 dollars. "but I can give them to you for around 700 dollars.:rolleyes:

How do I contact this Central Parts Warehouse place??????

10. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i think i give 160$ last year for pro-wings but the western wings from tim wallace are 'bout 400$

11. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

are the pro wings general for any plow or just a specific plow. if general, how can I get some???

12. ghost

ghost Member

pro wings

$160 sounds about right. Use google and search Central Parts Warehouse you can find them on there. They fit just about anyplow. They have been around for a long time. Western just came out with there own in the last few years. If you do a search on this web site under pro wings there is lots of info.

13. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Pro +

Last year we bought a 7 1/2' Pro Plus and had 1 set 64410 wings installed. At first I was alittle reluctant because of the cost (495.95) I was amazed at the amount of snow that didnt trail off--I own two other Western v-plows and with the wings on the 7 1/2' I actually can do the same area in a lot less time due to the fact I dont have to clean up areas.

14. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Just finished emailing a reperestentative from the Central Parts Warehouse website. I must say, they're really helpful when it comes to answering all my questions. And they're prices are unbelieveable compared to the manufacturer's price. Hopefully soon, I'll have my "wings" too!

:D Ha Ha, get it 'wings' like what pilots get in school. Me make funny!:D

15. ghost

ghost Member

wings

They are pretty easy to install. They cut plow time way down. I was able to pick up a few new lots this year because of all the time I saved last year. When you get to use them tell me what you think:drinkup:

16. salopez

salopez Senior Member

remember Por wings are not the same as Western's wings. The guys at CPW are great, but I found prowings for my little plow cheaper on another site.

17. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Another site? Well come forth with this site address my 'son', and I'll take a gock at 'er!!

18. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

The wings from cpw DO make the plow into a "scoop" though right???? I'm not just buying wings that'll make the plow wider? that's not what I want, I want to make the plow into a big ole scoop!

19. ghost

ghost Member

wings

if you want a scoop I think you might want turkey wings. Do a search on this site I know there were some pictures

20. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

The Pro-wings do pitch forward from the plow, allowing it to carry more snow. They also do make it wider, but that isn't all they do.

Turkey wings, as far as I can tell, come straight forward from the plow (90 degree angle). I dont think they make the plow any wider.