1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody use these deflectors?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLG, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

Has anyone used these deflectors? If so, any input? If you have a better one you've used, plz let me know. I kinda like the curled look. It's for a straight blade plow.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Need a name or a picture we have No idea what your asking about

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing he's talking about some sort of snow foil.

4. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

My only concern about the plastic ones is if they can stand up to the abuse of plowing. If you are pushing and stacking snow I would think that it would start to bend and crack after a while.

I have a metal Fisher Snow Foil on my plow and the previous owner obviously had hit a pole or post as the front of it was bent in. It was 12 inches in total length from the back to the front and this year I cut 6 inches off of it mainly because in our heavy blizzard last year, I think it was the reason I got stuck a couple of times as the snow probably pushed it upwards some and in the deep sections, it wouldn't push the snow off to the side effectively.

I like the metal ones personally as it's just that much stronger and after seeing the damage to mine after last season, I'll stick with metal as it's repairable.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is just the standard poly deflector, if you want one that will hold up and acts more like a steel snowfoil try one of these

ezfit-deflector.jpg

7. What type of foil is that I like it? Looks like a snoway . Basher is that what you use. Do you think it will fit on an 8 ft Fisher

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes it is a Snoway.

Yes it is what I use.

Yes I have installed them on fishers.

9. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I use a very similar deflector that I bought from Angelo's. Got 2 years on it. I used big fender washers as well as a piece of 1/4" steel flat stock to mount it. Plow is a Fisher straight so it doesn't get bashed too much, I think it might get crunched with a full moldboard trip plow. For a full trip plow you might be better to use a rubber deflector or use old conveyor belting if you can get your hands on it.