1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Use their XLS yet?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by csx5197, Dec 3, 2007.

1. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

Just curious how people who had an XLS were liking or disliking it.

2. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

nobody answered yet, we'll try again

3. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

What's an XLS?

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

mikey the unofficial fisher spokesman

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

There is a few people from the other site that have put about 15 hours or so on them and so far the reports are pretty positive. Decals coming off on the first push seems to be one of the most common complaints.

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Passed one parked last night. Didn't know what it was at first, seeing the funky arrow stickers on the front, and then I realized what it was. It was on a 1-ton dump, and retracted it looked pretty narrow (probably 8' or so??). Haven't seen any out there working though

8. mcwlandscaping

8 foot retracted....10 foot wide extended....and 8'10" in scoop mode...i agree that with the arrows on the side it really makes the plow look narrower than it really is!
    Is it a bad thing that i can just rattle off this information by memory??lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Heck a 9' is pretty much the least you want for a dually, which makes the retracted mode of the XLS almost useless except for travel. Except for weight & durability under load, I'd like to see a wider retracted XLS, like a 9' extended to 11'. Then it has functionality in every position, even retracted.

10. mcwlandscaping

I would bet on seeing something bigger soon....this model going out just to get a feel for the market and to get bugs out (since this would be the same system for bigger models, just with different sized pieces). Just look at the blizzard line of expandable snowplows as to what may come next for fisher and western! jmo

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

:confused: i wounder why i would look at the blizzards for the newer fisher stuff :jester::dizzy::)

12. mcwlandscaping

Maybe blizzard will come out with a Z based on the concepts and ideas of the XtremeV.....i dont know, i'm just making an educated guess, now that D.D. owns western, fisher, and blizzard, i would hope and expect to see them come out with some very inovative and market changing products that conform to the ever growing demands of the commercial snow plow contractor.

-mike-

13. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

did you like download the fisher specs into your mind........

14. mcwlandscaping

Pretty much!! I'm addicted to this site, especially the fisher stuff! I learn a lot...way more than at school!

15. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

he must not of under stood my funny ha ha smiles. :dizzy:

i love fishers also. thay are just beefy and were the money is at. payup

16. mcwlandscaping

i'm sorry, i did, just kinda thought of that as well.....and just for clarification i meant V not Z! lol....a Z blade ahahahah

17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

x2 and even when i am at school i am usually on plowsite lol.

18. DJSnowPlowing

DJSnowPlowing Junior Member

Loved My XLS Plow

hi used my XLS last week and loved it have it on a 2006 F350 Dump

19. TEX

TEX Senior Member

lets have some pics........and not the ones off fishers site.

20. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Have 26 hours of ground time on mine, had some issues with really heavy wet snow building up on the wing boxes, adjusted the hydro relief pressure. Kinda nice around parked cars, and the biggest thing it is interchangable with my X-V from truck to truck.

Sorry for some reason can't upload pics

Bill