1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody use the Whelen Responder LP?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DodgeGuy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Anyone have the Whelen Responder LP minilight bar? Looking for opinions on it. Magnetic mount or permanant mount.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

As far as mini-lightbars go right now they are the best thing going in my opinion. They are affordable and have great light output, better output even than some of the more expensive mini LED bars (and I have owned a few different ones now).

You can buy the CON3 style for $240 or the Linear will set you back around $300. I purchased the linear version but for the average guy I think the CON3 is also a very nice light and puts the low-end Sho-LED bar to shame (and they are about the same price).

3. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

go with the linear version, in my opinion its worth the extra 60$ you will have more of a light spread, the con 3 head is more of a directional lighthead, and whelen linear lights are extremely bright

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

Here is a video comparing the CON3 (on the left) to the Linear (click the picture to play). They are both red but you get the idea of how much more intense the Linear is.

[​IMG]

5. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Elightbars, right? I'm a member there too. I saw that pretty darn convincing.