1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody use SnowPlowSupply.com?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Banksy, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have been trying to find a plow for my '04 Dodge 2500. I came across a website called SnowPlowSupply.com out of Illinois. I want to know if anybody has ever used them and if they would recommend it. They want about $3300 for a new 7.5 Fisher as opposed to $5000 at a dealer near me. It would be shipped to my house and obviously I would install it. I am just a littlenervous about getting something so expensive shipped to me and then wondering if the customer service will be there if I need it. Thanks
  2. geereed

geereed Senior Member

I bought a fisher from them.I got a great price and great service.I would recommend them.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the reply. Is it the same Fisher that is on your F150? I want a 7.5 RD for my truck.
  4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

They are about ten minutes from me;) I go in there regularly, if you would like me to ask them something or take any pictures for you i would be more than happy to. In fact I will be there tomorrow.
  6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Yes they are about 15 min away from me too. they are actually a local dealer and a full landscape(brick, stone, plants, mulch, ect.) and equipment supply during the summer. these are great people to deal with and very friendly. you should have no problems there.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last year we bought 2 Blizzard 810 plows and a Fisher 9'6". They did all the customs paper work for us. That way we had no problem at the border. Excellent service!
  8. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Yes its the fisher homesteader 7' 4".
  9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Why not support the sponsors of PlowSite? CPW is selling 7.5 FisherLD MM2 for $3490.
  10. bgjj

bgjj Junior Member

re: cet

I take it cet that was pick/up and you installed yourself?
    can I ask what did it cost you above the price of the plows, eg: duties, taxes, brokerage if any? wondering if I could get an 810 cheaper going this route
  11. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I am going to try them. Thay are the only place I found an emergency repair kit for Snow-Way's
  12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There was no duty as they came in duty free. You have to pay only GST as the Federal Goverment does not collect Provincial Tax. The Brokerage fees were $220.00.
  13. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Going to New York State from Toronto

Hi, I am also thinking about going to the states for new plows, salter, and dump body. Is this an easy process? With the Canadian dollar so high right now I am thinking that I will be able to save a few thousand. Is this a common and easy thing to do?

Pristine Property Management
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It was very easy. If you are only picking up then you have to install yourself. Most salters are very easy unless they are hydraulic. Then it is the central hydraulics that are hard. The plows are easy. We feel if we install them then we might have a better idea how to fix them. For the 3 plows we brought back last year the savings was $8,000. You can always have them shipped if you want. There was a lot of work putting the Blizzards together but one of them was for a T6500 GMC which they don't make a mount for. We took the widest mount they had, which was from a 550 Ford i believe and we cut and made the brackets.