1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody send a customer survey after the season?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maelawncare, Feb 25, 2010.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Our season is just about wound up. I doubt were get anymore snow here.

Does anyone send a survey to your customers after the season to get reviews back? I normally send one to my lawn customers but have never sent one to my plow customers. I just want to find out how things went with them in their words and if I can do anything better. I would normally just call, but people are more honest if you not actually talking to them.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

We have never sent one. The customers usually call if they have a problem
  3. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

I think it sounds like a good idea, lets your customers know that you care what they think
  4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I think it's a great idea to do that.You would get a better response if you sent it via email instead of snail mail.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I call mine an INVOICE!:D I'm pretty personal with my customers and I pay attention to what I like. I don't like filling out surveys. If there's a problem you usually hear about it, but for the most part if there is a problem then that customer doesn't fit properly into our scope of work.
  6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I dont know if you guys have ever ran into the people who dont tell when something is wrong. I have.

There is never really a problem, but for some reason the customer just doesnt like what your doing. Maybe you getting the job done, but not to their exact liking. Yea you cant please everyone, but if you know more of what they what that they normally wouldnt tell you, you will keep them longer.

A lot say if there is a problem they will tell you. Yea thats true. A big problem they call. But what if it isnt a big problem, just something that is bugging them. We all have things that bug us. Would they tell you that it is bugging them? More than likely no they wouldnt, and instead just go with someone else next year.
  7. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I would rather not give someone the chance to complain. And costs a stamp.
  8. Asking your customers how you are performing goes a long way towards building loyalty. Don't you wonder why you get so many surveys ad followup letters from the companies with which you do business? Maybe ~you~ don't reply, but someone does, and it helps the company improve service.