1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody see the Thunder Snow in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MickiRig1, Mar 9, 2008.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Anybody see the Thunder Snow in Ohio?
    I was plowing just below Akron Saturday morning. I would see a green / white flash that would light up the whole sky. Then I would hear the thunder. It was too cool.
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i saw the thunder come thru with all rain and 70 mph winds here in nj.... lines were a mess and power sub station (watever u call it) shot purple into the sky about 15 times... which was pretty cool... wish it was snowing
  3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

We had that last year or 2 years ago. It snowed so hard you couldnt see the lightning but the sound was outrageous. They said were getting like 2-3 in. an hour. I beleived it cuz I couldnt see past the front of my plow.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You saw the thunder? wow

Usually when you see lightning during a snowstorm, you're in trouble. It's gonna snow real hard. Have had it a couple times this year and almost once a year previously. Used to be fairly rare.
  5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I saw it LOL
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

During the Blizzard of 1978 I remember we had thunder snow the first night of the storm. You have to have certain conditions to have it. It was snowing crazy hard powder !
    I was on high ground Saturday night. I was on the ridge between the Mississippi water shed and the Lake Erie water shed. So it was hitting close to me. There are a lot of the big 50 foot high store signs right there.