1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Running BILSTEIN 5100 Shocks On Their Plow Truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Jan 19, 2014.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm looking into BILSTEIN 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shocks for my Dad's Tundra. I was wandering how they hold up plowing. Are any of you guys running them on your trucks?

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

I have 5100's on my 2500HD that I tow and plow with. They seem to do fine.

3. mercer_me

Does the front end sag less when you pick the plow up with the Blistein 5100's? The Blisteins look really nice and the biggest reason I want them is because they will bring the front end up 2.5".

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Oh those are the adjustable coil overs. Mine are just shocks, as Chevy uses a torsion bar suspension. I imagine they would help some.

I would use that product in your situation.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  5. mercer_me

6. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I have the 5100's on my F350. My suspension is modified but i like them. Just the shock not the coilovers.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I have the Ride Height kit (leveling kit) on my 08 F-350, not quite the same as the Tundra kit but same principal. I've get 80k on the shocks and coils and have no complaints, I also run the 5100 shocks on my 97 too.
    They make a quality product and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have them on all 3 of my trucks