1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Plowing with a Ford Excursion?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jjfinn, Nov 10, 2010.

1. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

I just picked up a 2000 Ford Excursion. Anybody else plowing with one? Here is mine I just had a Boss 8'6 Straight Blade put on.

Attached Files:

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking set up. I have never sean many Exersions in person. But I have sean quite a few pictures of them.

3. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I have a 2000 excursion as well that we plow with. It has a 8' western on it and honestly holds the plow and pushes better than my F250/350's (gas or diesel). I usually drive it in the winter as it a more comfortable ride :)

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Here is my 2001 v10. I have a 8' western ultra on it.......your right, plows like no other!

[​IMG]

Pulling the 2500 in for a new engine

[​IMG]

Before my new headlights

[​IMG]

5. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

One more

[​IMG]

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Excursions are are awesome. If I didn't need a bed to put stuff in, I'd definitely rock one as a plow rig.

7. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

You pick that up at Ferguson Equipment?

8. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

I would think that Excursions would be great as a plow rig, but you would lose cargo space, no? Like you could load more in the back of a F250 or F350 in terms of blowers, salt, other whatnot, etc...

9. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Yup. Ferguson is the only place i deal with on any plowing equipment. Great guys out there and really knowledgable on the equipment.

10. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I thought that looked like there lot. I deal with them sometimes but kinda out of my way. I go with dales auto service on 933. Good looking truck, still wish they made them.

11. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Had a 2003 Special Service (Police Pkg) Excursion with 7.3l and a Boss 8' Super Duty. When I put the plow on, I had F350 max GVW springs put in it and ran a mild boost flash. Also had Rickson 19.5" wheels on it. Absolute animal plowing! Put 180k miles on it, Sold it to a guy in Canada two years ago. He is still plowing with it. I miss it :-(

12. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Got the 02 with an 8ft blizzard...love it, its capable of transporting me and 7 shovelers...

13. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

Here's my 03' 8.6 Fisher. Drops about an inch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Next time somebody ask if they can put a plow on an extended cab I'm going to slap them.

15. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

awsome pics guys!!!

i've been thinking of putting a wiring kit and mount on the excursion just for fun so i could use my plow on it...but for me mines just a daily driver

since we are sharing... this is my 3rd excursion...a '02 limited V10 4x4

[​IMG]

16. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Is the gvw on an excursion the same as an F-250 or is it less???

17. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

My door plate reads 8900. Ford specs are 8800 for the 250 reg and s-cab.

18. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Interesting...

19. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Well guys after getting a couple of good Lake Effect Pushes in with my Excursion I must say this thing is a beast!

20. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

It is just that......a plowing beast!! This is the 3rd winter with my plow on the Excursion. Wish you would send some of that snow up here, we are off to a slow start to the season, we only have about an inch on the ground here