1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody plow with one of the new 6.2 gas motors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mc1, Mar 14, 2011.

1. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i am looking to buy a f 250 with the new gas job anybody have one. what are you getting for mileage. i want out of my 6.4 diesel 6-7 mpg at 405 per gallon to get groceries is too much thanks
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Before you give up hope on your 6.4 yet, look into tuning and dpf delete.

I'd recommend spartan tuning and your choice of 4" downpipe back exhaust with or without a muffler. As long as you get rid of all the emissions stuff you'll be good to go. Don't forget an intake also.

Depending on your driving style, I'd expect gains of 4mpg+ and a truck that's a whole lot more fun to drive.
  3. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

the problemwith the dpf deletes is they are not legal i get dot'd 3-4 times a year and cant risk the fines forgot to add its a f 550 hooklift truck not a show truck
  4. trevier

trevier Senior Member

from a friend who has a 2011 450 crew cab diesel, hates it, gets terrible gas mileage compared to his old dually, great power, but he also says you can't touch anything on them especially the exhaust because it's tied directly into the main computer and it will void the warranty,
  5. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Here's a pic of my new 2011. Super Cab, 3.55 Electronic Locker Rear, 6.7L Diesel. I can't say enough about it to be honest... 400HP / 800LBFT is just crazy as this thing will get up and go like a performance car.

Mileage has been a consistent 18MPG+ and that's with an urge to get on it every so often. Get it out on the highway, and you'll see 20MPG+ with the cruise control set at 70MPH.

Quiet as can be also, my previous 5.4L Gasser was louder than this is.