1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody plow with a V 10 excursion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mdirrigation, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I am getting ready to drop a meyers either an 8ft or a 7.5 depending on the way it feels on my 02 excursion with a v 10 . I have heard that you arent suppose to put a plow on it , anybody been using one ?

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Just went on the Boss site, and with a 4x4 and the 5200 FGAWR, you can run up to a 9'2" Poly V-XT, which is their heaviest blade before you hit the muni plows. That's 852 lbs. BTW.

I think an Ex would make a fine, comfy vehicle to plow with. I would imagine you would have to ballast a bit, but that wouldn't be so bad. What kind of plowing are you looking to do? You absolutely stuck on a Meyers or would you consider others?

Remember, all an Excursion is is a Super Duty with 3 row seating.

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I dont think you'll need ballast, those seats in back should be fine. But since the excursion is the Sam size as the superduty, you need 8' to clear the wheel wells.

4. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Your right. Boss says 0 ballast for P VX-T.

I dunno, depending upon how it sat upon final hookup, I might or might not. Even if it says 0 ballast, a little weight never hurt. Traction is a good thing.

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Going with meyers because I already have all the parts , spare blades , spare pumps . All my trucks have meyers . This is actually the first time in 30 years I am using a bolt on plow mount . I generally would have to make all my frame mounts in my shop . I bought a totaled f 250 for less than a grand with the plow set up on it . Sold the truck real quick to a guy who needed the drive line .Kept the rest

6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I have an EX with a 7.3 in it and an 8ft western, it doesn't move when i lift the plow. You should be fine. My only regret is not getting a bigger blade. I wish i would have got an 8.6, so now i'm looking at wings..
    I also fold the second row seating down and tarp the interior so i can hall bag salt for my spreader, I can carry enough for my whole route and it's always nice and dry...

7. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Go with the 8 ft. er and wing it.