1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody plow with a chevy colorado or gmc canyon

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIGGB9, Mar 14, 2007.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Just wanted to know if anyone has plowed with a colorado or canyon. I am buying a crew cab Z71 just wanted to know what to put on western boss fisher Meyer snoway etc.

2. smitty3903

smitty3903 Junior Member

a snowway would be the a good plow for that

3. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Never use one any reason why snoway. I know weight is a issue on small trucks. I know meyers is 455lbs boss is 400lbs western is 270lbs

4. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

ive got an 03 s10 zr2 which is what got replaced by the colorado/canyon. i run a 6'9 fisher minute mount which weights about 470 my truck seems to hold it just fine. Im not sure if they changed anything in the suspension or frame to make it more light duty but id check that first

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i met a guy the other night with a new colorado, with a 7 foot blizzard plow, and he loved it.

6. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

goldpro,

where in ct are you from i think i saw you last storm in waterbury.

7. J29

J29 Senior Member

I've seen a guy around with a Fisher LD on a four door Canyon. I have no idea if he made any suspension mods though. My mechanic has a four door Colorado with a Fisher Homesteader and loves it. J.

8. THEGOLDPRO

yep it was me, where did you see me???? i plow a doctors office on grand view ave.

9. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

I plow the taco bell on chase ave, I think i saw you on my way up there.

10. THEGOLDPRO

yeah im sure it was me, have never seen another blue ram like mine out plowing, do you also do the landscaping there in the summer time???? man small world.

11. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

no, hopefully this year i will win the landscaping...Look at it when you get a chance, they guy last year put stone over mulch that was already piled up way to high. Now all the stone is on the sidewalk and you can see the red mulch through the thin layer of stone.

12. THEGOLDPRO

haha yeah i saw that, i used to eat alot of taco bell, and my brother and i used to laugh all the time at how ugly it all looked. i dont know if i'd want that contract tho it looks like a ***** to maintain, it has that steep bank on the drivethrough side, that just washes out, and tons of garbage.

13. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

So I take it you didn't like my rock job at the Bell?xysport

RCGM
    Brad