1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody plow today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c_maint, Mar 18, 2002.

1. c_maint

c_maint Member

I was able to go out for a little while. not bad, not bad at all!!!!!!

2. PAPS Landscape

PAPS Landscape Member

yea....

We went out and salted all our sites... TWICE !!!!!! but this stupid little storm is more a pain... because we probably lost 2-3 days work now!!!

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

just sanded

4. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

5. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

We just salted.

6. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Didn't even get called in for Sanding. Stayed above freezing all night.

7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Ya I plowed. In my dreams .

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Ground was to warm,only got 1" in grass,this was a PITA,get loaded and ready for nothing,i didnt even bother mounting the spreader,this time,i finally got smart.

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

We were supposed to get snow last night. I put the plow on before I went to bed last night and this morning - nothing. Supposed to get 1"-3" tonight - then 3"-5" tomorrow. So I left the plow off tonight.. Maybe??

10. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Anybody plow today?

How about the last 4 days. Sunday we had a record breaking storm in Anchorage, Alaska. 28.6 inches in a 24hr period. The old record was like 16 inches in 24hrs. Been plowing my a@@ off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Finally got some sleep on tuesday. Its warm today again like yesterday. 40 degrees. Its melting fast. Got over 150hrs plowing this winter.:D

11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was out, had alot of fun pushing slush by storms end, seams to me this is how the winter started. does any one seam now that we have gone full circle now?

12. Klankster

Klankster Junior Member

Yeah we got nine inches last night and tonight possibly another three.:)

13. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I drove home from work tonight on the NJ Turnpike and saw snow! Newschanel 4 says maybe the grass will have some in the morning. I guess the Fisher gets a break again!

14. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We got 4" yesterday afternoon.
    They are still calling for 6-10", however as of 2:30 AM nothing is happening.
    Still a nice one as we salted all afternoon yesterday, and we be salting 'em all again this morning.

15. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

We had heavy snow squalls last night, 2 inches on the grass, but the temps were in the 30s after reaching 60 yesterday so whatever hit the pavement melted. Then it turned windy and cold (15F now) I was up at 4 just in case ice was an issue but the high winds dried the pavement before ice could form.

Screwy weather...

16. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

we got 1-2" last night. enough to plow and salt our bsinesses. chardon area north of us got 4-6". lake erie snow warning still in effect for tonight. another 1-2", and 4-6" in lake erie snow belt area.

oh, and BTW, i knew this would happen. call our guys back to start the lawncare/landscaping season, work 3 days, then it snows. expecting colder weather through early next week(i dont care so long as the snow on the lawns is gone-LOL). oh well, at least we made some money last night. better than nothing i guess.

17. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

yep, plowed and salted

18. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Salted two days in a row here now. Borderline plowable at about 1.5 " in some areas, but we were sucessful at melting it away.

19. Klankster

Klankster Junior Member

:) Hey Guys, there saying another possible big storm here in New England for Tuesday night into Wed. morning. I hope this is the big one finally. Farmers almanac shows for in this time frame a heavy snow storm. 2 feet would really be sweet. Keep your fingers crossed. Later.

20. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

yep obryan, i knew your guys were out, because i saw one of them driving down rt. 91 in stow.
    only recognized because of the isnignia on the truck. looked like a chevy 3/4 ton with a stainless steel insert spreader. by the way, i like the logo!