1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody need subs in eastern GTA (Pickering, Stouffille, etc...)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by crazymike, Oct 24, 2004.

1. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

First off I won't lie, I'm limited in experience. Which will probably scare most of you off, however, limited experience means less expected pay. So maybe that will help.

I currently have a lawn maintenence/odd jobs business and will be picking up some residential accounts through that. But I would also like to pick up some sub contracting if possible. I have no commitments as of yet.

I have a snowblower and a 4x4 pickup w/ 8' plow. (I'm also young and fit and not afraid to get out and shovel a walkway if part of the contract)

I'm located in Pickering but I'm willing to travel anywhere in the eastern GTA or more if neccesary. I'm available 24/7 and I'm not afraid to work. I'm also very willing to learn. If you tell me to do things your way, I won't be offended. One of the reasons I want to sub contract is to gain experience.

If you can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks for your help, Mike

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

PS, in case it's an issue/insurance requirement for subs.

I have a clear driving/criminal record and a class G license. That includes no speeding tickets or accidents.

3. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

wow, lots of people looking for subs everywhere but here :/

4. syNNer

syNNer Junior Member

crazy mike - try contacting the bigger local snow removal companies, they might be looking for drivers/backup drivers for their own trucks, great way to get experience and get know the local guys in the biz.

5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

okay, thanks.

I will have my own newer equipment now, and I would like to do that. But I'm going to phone a few of the bigger companies this week.

6. syNNer

syNNer Junior Member

check with Clintar, they're always looking for driver's here in our neck of the woods - London -

7. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I was hoping their would be more people in the area... one last bump

8. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Newmarket

Hi Mike, your original post was really good, I'm surprised you didn't get more offers. I am only researching this year but looking to get into both landscaping (lawn maintenance I should say) in the spring and hopefully some plowing next winter.

How long have you been doing the lawn stuff?
    What kind of plow did you buy? New/used?
    Are lots of your landscaping customers asking you if you do snow?

Wouldn't mind exchanging some ideas -- you're further ahead than me!

Cheers, G.L.