1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody know who makes this rear blade unit?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NLS1, Jul 29, 2007.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

The guy that made that video is a member on here, his name is Jon Geer. The brand of plow is a swing wing. Thats about all I know.

3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thanks Farmer! I sure do appreciate that! I will check it out!:redbounce

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

get ready to pay some big bucks, if you do a search you will see that they are not cheap. they are cool and are real pruductive but cost around $9,000 +.

5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

From what I know about them, they are only built here in West Michigan.

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Yes, all are correct, that is my truck and my video my wife and I made last winter messing around with our new i Mac. I just purchased an 08 2500HD, and I have a newly designed SwingWing to go on it. I probally will have a WideOut on the front.

Thanks

7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i feel sorry for that suspension on the truck ... too much weight ... even for a 2500 ... ... nice truck ..

8. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Good to hear from you Jon!

That thing is so perfect for what I need, how could I get a hold of you? I live in MN in the Twin Cities. I found a thread from plowsite several years ago that talked about your rear blade, that was it, if you would be willing to tell me how to contact you that would be great. I am very interested in knowing more. Thanks:waving:
    Dan

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Total wieght of the rear plow is 795#, and the total for the front is 950#. It's no different than having a front plow on a truck and pulling a trailer. The truck handles it perfectly fine.:dizzy: