1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody know where there's a loader?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEWLAWNS, Dec 21, 2007.

1. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

We need a good size (3-4 yard bucket) loader to lease and we can't find any around Albany, NY it seems. Of course we'll be looking for a pusher with a steel trip edge for it too.

Anybody know where there is one we can get fast?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

We had one of the Reps from them in our yard a couple days ago. They don't have anything in the bigger sizes like we need in any of their locations the Rep said.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have you tried Monroe tractor?

5. somm

somm Senior Member

6. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Talk to Len at Milton CAT.. I'm sure if he doesn't have something, he will know of someone who will..

Tel: 585-475-1330

www.miltoncat.com

8. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

NEWLAWNS. Contact me tomorrow at 973-725-9327. I have a 3 yard loader available

9. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

Sorry I haven't updated this.

We had to pass on the contract because we couldn't find the equipment. No big deal. We have plenty as it is. Hasn't been much snow with this warm spell here.

But yeah...a little while ago, we had an opportunity for a big year round contract thrown in our face that was hard to resist. Had we been able to get the equipment in such short notice long after all winter lease units were already gone...we of had that baby. Would have yielded 22k per month. Chit happens fellas.

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

How much does it cost to have a loader of that size sit on a lot per month? Most rent per month id assume, do any of you guys rent these without prepaid contracts? ie. fronting all the investment of the monthly rental payment for the equipment especially if it doesnt snow?

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

some companies rent their loaders out by the hours put on the machine.

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

22k a month! :dizzy::dizzy: I think I would'a bought an almost new loader and sold it in the spring. (or leased it out all summer to a gravel pit or similar)

13. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

14. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, not sure how big it needed to be but things in the 50k range for more compact loaders or 100k even for larger loaders, unless your talking about the 200-300hp diesel cat loaders that come in on an 18 wheeler lol