1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody know how to reset the MANT. REQ'D light?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DodgePlow, Sep 29, 2003.

1. DodgePlow

DodgePlow Member

I have a 1994 Ram 2500 V10. I need to reset the Mant. required light. How do I do this? I already tried taking off the neg. cable for a few minutes and then putting it back on. Any other suggestions?

2. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Actually it may be easier to pull the PCM fuse instead of removing a battery cable, unless it's time to clean the terminals as it is. After pulling the fuse (or positive terminal on battery) insert key and twist it to start for 30 secs. Remove key, insert fuse (or reattach battery terminal) and then start vehicle. Light may go off now. If it doesn't, Auto Zone has a code reader they can hook up to your OBD1 terminal and after they read any codes, it should reset everything, including the lamp..... or so I believe!:help:
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Disconnecting the battery should have done it.Either it wasn't long enough,or you have a hard fault which sets the code as soon as you start it,and the light stays on.Try the ECM fuse next.

If the light comes back on,thenturn the key on and off three times,and then leave it in the on position.Count the flashes from the light (codes),and report back.Maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

have to use a scan tool reset

basic its by mileage

they want you to take to the dealer so they can screw you

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I this a maintenance light or a check engine light ? I'm just trying to clarifiy,so it will help us diagnose it better.

The reason I ask is I've never seen a maintenance light on a newer Dodge,or any mention of it on my scanner (for resetting it).

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

koeo my 98 ram has that maint. light
    plugged in my scanner no info

maybe you can turn it off on a pre obd2 car

i use to do alot of dodge caravans

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

I've seen it on other Chrysler products,but not ona 2G ram pickup.Maybe it a US only emission thing.

I'll see if I can dig through some other stuff and find some more info on it.
  8. DodgePlow

DodgePlow Member

I checked the manual and it said that the light comes on just to remind you that it should be serviced. It doesn't actually mean something is wrong. I just can't stand seeing it anymore. I will try the scan tool to maybe reset it.

Thanks for all the replies and help !!
  9. Plow Dak

Plow Dak Member
    from Maine

You need a scan tool to reset.
    Each tool and menu is different.
    In the Chrysler DrbIII it's in the Adjustment menu.
    i can't tell you where to find it on a snap on or other.
    Usually it's in the same menu as Resetting things like tps and ais.
    You need a scan tool. disconnecting the battery has never worked for that lamp as far as my experience goes..It stays in memory.
    If it was right in front of me it would take about 30 seconds.
    You are suppose to check over certain things and in some cases replace parts before the lamp is shut off.