1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody installed strobes in 2011 Super Duty ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SnowGuy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Tell me about your install.
    THANKS !!!

2. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

installed leds. if this would be any help/

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I put strobes on my backrack. If youre talking about hide aways, the size of the headlights will be more than accommodating lol

4. Scorpion1030

Scorpion1030 Junior Member
    from VA

I'm looking to add strobe capability using my existing clearance lights (2011 F250 SD 6.7). Any suggestions?

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

replace the bulbs with LED's, wire up an LED Flasher from ShoMe (or whatever your choice) and you have strobe clearance lights.

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

1olddogtwo might have put some in his, I'm not sure.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  8. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

U have any pics of how u put the rear strobe in the reverse light??

9. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

1olddogtwo how hard is it to remove the front bumper on these trucks?

My 2011 is on order to hopefully be in by the middle of december and I want to get a plow slapped on as soon as I can...just wondering how tough its going to be

10. 1olddogtwo

cake, 4 bolts up fourt and 2 (i think) behind towards the wheels. And unclip the fog light harness and your done

11. 1olddogtwo

trickier, harder..i used a 2x4 to guide my 1in hole saw thru the factory light bulb socket. Extra set of hands need to hold light from moving or some way to clamp it down

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

umm...if you go from the side you can fit strobes in the reverse AND your factory bulbs

ive done many

13. 1olddogtwo

yes this also can be done, I'm sorry i should have said that too. I always add aftermarket backs lights, the factory ones just don't do it for me. Years ago i melted mine and learned a lesson on how the power packs work....

14. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

So if you already put them in the tail lights, would it be ok to just silicone that hole up and drill a second one in the reverse light. Or should I just buy new tail lights and do it. Also can this be done with tubes or does it have to be LEDs?

15. 1olddogtwo

"Or should I just buy new tail lights and do it"

cheaper to leave in the old ones and just buy new bulbs if u are thinking that way

16. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I don't need new bulbs, I already drilled holes in my brake lights And I wanna switch them to the reverse lights. I just want to know if I should buy new tailights or if it's okay to just silicone those holes up and drill new ones in the reverse lights or should I just buy new tailights which I think are like 40$ a piece.

17. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

Any one have pics of the strobe in the reverse light??

18. Dissociative

cut a plastic patch 1.5" circle from a milk jug and silicone it up....then remount..

19. Dissociative

you mount from the outside toward the tailgate...you clearance the body a little for the wires if you have to....index the strobe tube to not hit the factory light..

sorry no pics....but its not hard to figure out