1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody install some reverse or flood lights inside the Chevy/ GMC bumper steps?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by coke813, Oct 18, 2016.

1. coke813

coke813 Member

Hi, I had some back-up lights mounted under my bumper on the old truck. They worked great except for the snow packing around them as everyone already knows. And then I would hit them on something about once a year and break a lens.

Now I'm wondering if I can use those bumper steps as a protected area to stick some lights. Has anyone done this already? I'd love to see how it fits and if you can still use it as a step. If so, what light did you use?

Those flush mount 2x2 LEDs might fit inside the cavity, but since it's curved, I don't know if they would actually install into the plastic step or not.

Just looking for any ideas, I know there are alot of guys running custom backup lights, so lets see what you came up with.

bumper step.jpg